..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Windows - Compile Guide and Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
now uninstall them both, then install only feb 10 version and let the 'd3d10sdklayers' error occur and see if it compiles.
the 'd3d10sdklayers' error did not in any way shape or form prevent it from compiling... if anything it helps.
the reason you couldn't compile under "When I installed Feb '10, 'd3d10sdklayers' error occured, xpad not compiling." isn;t because of 'd3d10sdklayers' error, but because feb 10 version is missing something that the compiler needs. installing aug 09 version, with or without the error, will solve it, and uninstalling it will leave something behind which means it will never come back.
Uh, sure, when the libraries and headers are in completely different directories.
I doubt any Development Kit of different revisions will have a commonly used libraries and headers under the same folder.

But of course, CMIIW, as always.
so, which parts are you being sarcastic about? (i am honestly not sure)

btw, so you never installed DX symbols right? that actually is helpful... all thing together with my info shows that:
1. DX symbols are completely unrelated to the issue.
2. d3d10sdklayers error is completely unrelated to the issue

and that the issue is thus:
on a machine on which you have never installed a DX SDK, installing DX SDK feb '10 will result in a failed build unless you have at one point in time had installed DX SDK aug 09. Whether you kept it or uninstalled it doesn't matter.
so you can compile with:
1. Just Aug 09 DX SDK installed
2. Both Aug 09 and feb 10 SDKs...
3. Only feb 10 SDK installed, but having previously installed aug 09 DX SDK and subsequently removed it.

installing only aug 2010 version of DX SDK on a virgin machine will cause build errors due to it missing something that is installed with aug 09 version and that remains after aug 09 has been removed.
(04-08-2010, 04:35 AM)taltamir Wrote: [ -> ]btw, so you never installed DX symbols right? that actually is helpful...

Try re-reading my posts slowly next time before hastily compiling a response to whatever I've posted, 'k?
And try to get the months or years right before you confuse everyone else.

Besides, when I installed Feb '10 with the 'd3d10sdklayers' error, it didn't automatically set the libraries and headers directories in VS08; had to do it manually.
The Aug '09 did.
The reinstalled, without 'd3d10sdklayers' error Feb '10 did.

Regarding sarcasm, it's the fact that both SDKs installed themselves into separate folders.

And again, you haven't read my previous posts properly.

(04-08-2010, 04:19 AM)taltamir Wrote: [ -> ]...and uninstalling it will leave something behind which means it will never come back.

The 'd3d10sdklayers' error still did come back when I reinstalled Feb '10, unless what you meant is the problem with xpad.
the d3d10sdklayers has nothing to do with PCSX, so obviously I meant the xpad failing to compile problem.

Quote:Try re-reading my posts slowly next time before hastily compiling a response to whatever I've posted, 'k?
Stop talking down to me, it is insulting and unwarrented.

You keep on going back to d3d10sdklayers again and again and assuming this is the "problem" I am trying to fix or figure out... I couldn't care less about it. you click ignore and do a restart and windows modifies the files during the restart. I am not trying to fix that, I am trying to figure out why PCSX2 has errors on compile on a fresh install of windows and DX feb 2010 and why it doesn't have errors on compile on a computer that only has that very same SDK installed, only this time has had other SDKs installed and then removed. I was trying to figure out if it was the symbols or the aug 2009 version that was the issue, and I couldn't tell without a reformat.

I missed the part where you said you were installing them with symbols; no justification to be condescending on your part
(04-08-2010, 08:13 AM)taltamir Wrote: [ -> ]You keep on going back to d3d10sdklayers again and again and assuming this is the "problem" I am trying to fix or figure out... I couldn't care less about it.

And you keep going back to the "Aug '09 uninstalls left something behind" argument, so what's the difference?
You could care less about my argument and I couldn't about yours?

(04-08-2010, 08:13 AM)taltamir Wrote: [ -> ]you click ignore and do a restart and windows modifies the files during the restart.

No, I wouldn't know if Windows did anything because I only said I manually restarted the system; didn't say anything about restarting fixed or broke something.

(04-08-2010, 08:13 AM)taltamir Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to figure out why PCSX2 has errors on compile on a fresh install of windows and DX feb 2010 and why it doesn't have errors on compile on a computer that only has that very same SDK installed, only this time has had other SDKs installed and then removed. I was trying to figure out if it was the symbols or the aug 2009 version that was the issue, and I couldn't tell without a reformat.

What's the difference with me then?
I just posted what I did that fixed MY specific problem that other users probably share too.
And I did tell that I installed the symbols with Feb '10 on first install before installing Aug '09.

(04-08-2010, 08:13 AM)taltamir Wrote: [ -> ]Stop talking down to me, it is insulting and unwarrented.
(04-08-2010, 08:13 AM)taltamir Wrote: [ -> ]I missed the part where you said you were installing them with symbols; no justification to be condescending on your part

'Condescending'?
'Talking down'?
All I did was giving you a reminder to re-read my posts and you call it that?

Just look at it like this.
We were having the same problems regarding DirectX SDK installations.
You fixed yours with your own way, and I fixed mine with my own way.
You posted how you fixed it, and so did I.

Then you somehow keep pressing that your theory is the correct one afterward.

I just explained how it happened with my system, and you kept 'correcting' me.
So now, please, explain why do you happen to believe that you are warranted to do that when I never did claim what you're saying is wrong?

...on second thought, no, don't explain it here.
This is getting stupidly off topic.
Any more rants you're going to vent about this matter is strictly via my message Inbox now.

Act professionally and reasonable, please.
after i installed vs 2008 prof, i manage to get 32 build success and 1 failure (zzogl), after that, i try to build on my vs express and get the same result. my setting :

1. a very similar to code google without windows sdk 2003 R2
2. an extra, i have to copy the original location of the include and lib and paste to VC++ directories
and also i have to paste windows sdk for win7 in VC++ directories

maybe vs prof is more suitable since it doesnt need windows sdk 2003
I don't think you'd need the Windows 7 SDK.
I don't have that installed and everything still compiles just fine.

And which revision did you have when you failed in compiling ZZogl?
If it's under 2812 that's probably the cause.
If it's over 2819 I haven't tested it, because I don't want to, and I suggest for you to not to neither if you haven't. =b
well, i dont know, maybe the solution need in case just once or two to use windows sdk, but the point is, if your pc installed win7 sdk, u have to manually put the original location of inclued and lib files of win7 sdk, because if u didnt, and u didnt have previous windows sdk installed, means your pc is virgin from win sdk, u get lot of error, because win7 sdk have a bug, a bug which it never tells your pc if u installed it, so windows cannot detect your sdk and the project will fail. i did googling 4 a while Tongue

ps : wow, that`s a lot of "because" Tongue , and something amazed me, i fix this error, after i download win7 sdk, win 2003 sdk, vs express, vs 2008 prof, vs 2010 prof rc, wow...it tooks me one days to download 1 gig of bytes..so a total is..

and im going to update svn so ill tell bout it later..

EDIT: now, when i uninstalled vs 2008 prof, build solution get 25 success 8 failed, back to yesterday....most of errors need atlbase.h , whether i choose vs prof or vs express with a little modification (i installed win 2003 sdk r2 on XP and copy required files), which one should i choose and y? the only reason i want to keep express is bcause its much lighter. y should i choose vs prof?
Actually, VS2008 PE already includes the necessary atl/mfc libraries.
VS2008 EE needs Windows 2003 R2 Platform SDK installed because it needs the atl/mfc libraries from the Platform SDK.

So, no, you don't need to install any Platform SDKs if you already have VS2008 PE.

VS2008 EE needs Windows 2003 R2 Platform SDK installed, and only that; you can't substitute it with Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7.
Don't think too much about it; believe me, I've tried.

So, if your OS is Windows 7, you can only use VS2008 PE, and don't install Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36