..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Problem With Cor i7+GTX275
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(11-21-2009, 10:37 PM)Infel Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2009, 06:47 PM)R².Bushido Wrote: [ -> ]Loool i'm certnly that you are just a user not gamer lmao
Bro the e8400 is 2CPUs technology but the Cor i7 is a 8CPUs Technology i will let you compar between the power of 2Cars and 8Cars hhhhhhhhhBiggrin
being a 'gamer' doesn't instantly make you superior (imo it just makes you a drooling retard who masturbates over every single extra 0.0001 FPS you can squeeze out of your hardware in whatever game happens to be in fashion at the moment, but i'll stop with the inflammatory comments)
a core i7 is a quad core cpu with 2 threads of execution per core (called hyperthreading) and as such it just 'appears' to be 8CPU technology (my my, looked at the cpu graph thingy in task manager did we? ooops, i said i'd stop the inflammatory comments)
i'm not a gamer, but i am a user of pcsx2 who has had pcsx2 running very nicely on a core i7 920, which to be honest, doesn't really take much work... just a little bit of common sense.
the key to this is the config, having a 'sane' config can make all the difference with this emulator and since mummy taught me that i should be nice to everyone...
a recent GSdx using Direct3D10 Hardware should solve your graphics issues

(11-21-2009, 07:57 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]i7 is NOT an 8 core CPU... It's a 4 core CPU with hyper threading. That means it can handle 8 threads at once (2 per CPU) but it doesn't mean it handles those threads efficiently or anything like having actual additional cores. No clue how efficient the i7 actually is at using all 8 threads at once.
as far as i've been able to see, looking at my brother's i7, it's pretty efficient...
it's also pretty fun watching it doing stuff like building 8 things at once in visual studio

Thank You Decode ^^ i have done some tests for my CPU i have runs 4 rar files with 4GB pear one and i have make a look to the performence of my CPU i have found that 5 of my Cors are doing the job by the way 3 of it are sleeping lol

by the way for the PCSX2 i think that i have found the issue it's the ***** Windows 7 64bit i think that the problem come from it ^^

I'm waiting you answers concerning the Win7 x64 ^^

I have a problem choosing my opirating system i have 8GB RAM if i put 32bit it recognize just 3GB but 64bit recognize all the 8GB

But in 32bit when i enter the BIOS i see that 8GB is running but on Windows i see just 3GB is that mean that the 8GB it's recognized too in 32bit and it do the job ?

Hel Please ^^
When I was referring to "efficency" I meant anywhere near having another core... What is the difference in rendering between 4 threads twice (one per each core) and rendering all 8 threads at the same time? I wouldn't expect more than a 10-15% increase in speed if that. Though I'll be glad to have someone prove me wrong on that one.

32bit can not recognize over a total of 4GB of memory... This INCLUDES video card ram and bios memory. So if you have 8GB of ram, and a 1 GB video card, windows 32bit will only see 3gb of ram (4gb max ram - Video card ram = Remaining usable by 32bit windows).

You absolutely must have a 64bit operating system if you wish to have all of your ram workable.
(11-22-2009, 12:13 AM)R².Bushido Wrote: [ -> ]by the way for the PCSX2 i think that i have found the issue it's the ***** Windows 7 64bit i think that the problem come from it ^^

i've been running pcsx2 without problems under windows 7 x64 for quite a while, also, my brother's i7 also has windows 7 x64 on it... [attachment=22042]
(11-22-2009, 01:03 AM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]When I was referring to "efficency" I meant anywhere near having another core... What is the difference in rendering between 4 threads twice (one per each core) and rendering all 8 threads at the same time? I wouldn't expect more than a 10-15% increase in speed if that. Though I'll be glad to have someone prove me wrong on that one.

I know that it is WAY more than 15%. But it isn't as much as a full core cores worth. One issue is that it is hard to actually find a lot of games that make use of all 8 threads, so the comparison I'm going to post in a few minutes will be between 1 singled threaded core, 1 hyperthreaded core and 2 cores on my i7. It's in gta 4.
(11-22-2009, 01:54 AM)Infel Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2009, 12:13 AM)R².Bushido Wrote: [ -> ]by the way for the PCSX2 i think that i have found the issue it's the ***** Windows 7 64bit i think that the problem come from it ^^

i've been running pcsx2 without problems under windows 7 x64 for quite a while, also, my brother's i7 also has windows 7 x64 on it...

I agree with you infel and Koji but whats the matter with my PC i have a massive PC with a good VGA GTX275 but PCSX2 dont run Sad

My Friends i need one of you to aces my computer with Team Viewer to config the PCSX2 for me please ^^

If some one is exited just tell the ^^
Thanks
bkwego: That test won't confirm anything for me then... One of the reasons 8 threads on a quad core isn't going to be as efficient is because of the limit on L2 and L3 cache. If you're only using 1 core hyperthreaded you've still got a crap load of cache to take advantage of. If however, you have all 8 threads being used you're going to have much more competition by the threads for said cache.

A better test would be using Cinebench or some other benchmark that's designed to test on various threads/cores.
The way the i7s cache and memory was designed was to keep down on cases like that. Also, cache doesn't really effect performance for me in gta 4. I ran prime 95 small ffts test(the test that says it uses up cache and also maximizes FPU stress) and I ran it to run on threads 1, 3, 5 and 7, while I let gta 4 run on 0, 2, 4 and 8 using task manager. I saw no performance difference.
Oh and I posted my results in the chatterbox section with hyperthreading.
(11-22-2009, 02:30 AM)R².Bushido Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2009, 01:54 AM)Infel Wrote: [ -> ]

i've been running pcsx2 without problems under windows 7 x64 for quite a while, also, my brother's i7 also has windows 7 x64 on it...

I agree with you infel and Koji but whats the matter with my PC i have a massive PC with a good VGA GTX275 but PCSX2 dont run Sad

My Friends i need one of you to aces my computer with Team Viewer to config the PCSX2 for me please ^^

If some one is exited just tell the ^^
Thanks

okay, first off, what version of pcsx2 are you using?
what errors is pcsx2 giving you?
post screenshots if possible
Also, be sure that the Anti-Aliasing (AA) is disabled in the Nvidia Control Panel.
Interesting responses here. I can tell you from firsthand experience that Core i7 in a notebook form factor (Clarksfield platform) and pcsx2 DON'T MIX. I have access to two Dell Studio XPS 16 systems, with the only real difference being the CPU (C2D and Core i7) and the old C2D runs circles around the Core i7 when it comes to pcsx2. With the C2D most games are fullspeed or close, and far from it with the Core i7.

Details here.

The basic lesson here is that if you use pcsx2 with a notebook, do NOT upgrade to Core i7 or you'll be sorry.
Pages: 1 2 3 4