..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Win7 64-bit Ultimate -> 0.9.6 perm crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
gnaaa!!! you can ignore my request Sad
after 5 hours of settings and testing i found the solution... compatibily mode -> VISTA

maaan that sucks when it's so easy but so far away ><

##############
Hello,

i've installed the latest PCSX2 for Windows on my Win7 Ultimate (64-bit). There is only one game I could test the emulator (Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria) so please don't ask to test other games. My main-problem is that every time i click on "run -> CD/DVD" the window for the game appear and after the first two frames the program chrashes. I've configured the whole emulator with the official guide. Also I've tested PAL + NTSC BIOS (Europe + USA) even though the game is PAL. (I've got only the ISO from the game). I also checked the required gamefix option for VP2.

My Hardware:
AMD Phenom X4 920 (@4x 2,8GHz)
8 gb DDR2 RAM (@820mhz)
ATI HD 4770 PCI-e (@512 GDDR5 RAM)

In the processor-info of PCSX2 proccessor-config. it's saying "MMX, SSE2, SSE3" but if use SSE3 of GSdx the message "no cpu support for SSE3" appears.

Hope you could help me Smile

Here a screenshot of my config window:
[Image: 4254,pcsx2OO7R2.jpg]

PS: I'm from germany, so excuse my bad english. answers could be made in german if its easier for the replyer Smile
It is much better to use the latest beta instead.

Also about the SSE3 problem, PCSX2 uses SSSE3 instead.
try with the original DVD + gigaherz CD/DVD plugin.