..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Grandia II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just started playing with PCSX2, and the first game I wanted to try out was Grandia II. I've really got no idea how to configure my plugins, and right now I'm using:

Graphics: ZeroGS 0.97.1
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0

I was able to start up the game, I mounted the image with daemon tools lite and ran it. The stuff that was like full motion video, such as the opening video when I made a new game, ran a little slow and the audio was kinda lagging and the sounded was kinda dragging out, almost skipping.

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp315...etting.jpg

Those are my video and sound settings with the plugins I'm using. If anybody could recommend changes to make to get rid of the skipping sound and slowed down video I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Try using GSdx as graphics plugin and follow the configuration guide to configure everything first, if you still have problems after feel free to ask.

It would also help if you show your PC specs.
Thanks for responding... on attempting to use a GSdx plugin, I got an error that said "This CPU does not support SSE 4.01".

Following that, PCSX2 told me that the GS plugin failed to open/initialize.
Did you even bother reading the guide?

Configuration Guide Wrote:Select GSdx v0.1.14 and press the Configure button.

First of all GSdx comes in 3 versions,SSE2,SSSE3 and SSE4.1.Only IF your processor supports these instruction sets use the respective version since it will be faster for you. Otherwise you will get constant crashes when using it.
SSE2 supporting CPUs: Check here
SSSE3 supporting CPus: Check here
SSE4.1 supporting CPUs: Intel Core 2 Duo Penryn series, meaning the E7xxx and E8xxx models for dual cores and the Q9xxx models for quad cores
I did bother; sorry, I posted the wrong error. Disregard the "SSE 4.01". I tried SSE2 first and foremost like the guide said. I'm running a laptop so I'm not surprised if this won't work at all, but...

My processor says:
AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz

I saw AMD Turion 64 among the listed processors for SSE2 though it doesn't say all that stuff exactly per say.

I'm using Vista, so I went with the Direct3D10 (Hardware).

No matter what settings I changed, it crashed anyway, so I guess that means my processor doesn't support GSdx... but I'm not very savvy with hardware at all, so I don't know. I tried the other versions just for the heck of it and they also crashed not surprisingly. I guess what I should be asking before what settings I should use is if I would even be able to play on my computer to begin with.

These are my specs:
AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M (It's integrated I guess)
Windows Vista SP2, 32 bit

Thanks again...
Here I go again...

Configuration Guide Wrote:What version of pixel shaders and DirectX does your graphics card support?

Check this link (thanks to Nachbrenner)

To use the DirectX10 mode, you will have to be running Windows Vista or Windows 7 with a DirectX10 compliant graphics card (check previous link)

Yes I know your exact graphics card model is not listed in that link but looking around you would easily find that it only supports up to DirectX 9.
Also with that system you should expect pretty bad performance with PCSX2
Fair enough, I'll give up then. Sorry for wasting your time.
Well it SHOULD run by using DX9 hardware in GSdx but as I said the speed will be crap so it's your choice.
Out of curiosity, would it make enough of a difference to try playing on my desktop instead?

The specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00GHz
3.5GB RAM
Windows 7 32 bit
Graphics: Radeon X1300 / X1550 Series
Not really, pretty dated system as well. Maybe some 2D games will work at acceptable speeds