..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] God of war 2 [PAL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
#Rig - i7,6gb ddr3,gtx 260 OCed.

#OS: windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

# PCSX2 version: Official Beta 1888, Official v0.9.6 release || pcsx2 version 0.9.6 || Pcsx2_0.9.4 || pcsx2-0.9.6-r1533

# CPU options: EErec on, VUrec0 and VUrec1 on, MTGS on

# Plugins used: GSdx 1600 0.1.15 (hardware dx10), SSSPSX PAD plugin 1.7.0 , Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0 ,

# Description: I spent nearly two days on this.Did follow the threads here too.But nothing gave me a direct answer .

Even if I manage to run the game with some of the emulators mentioned above ( and I wasnt able to run it with the latest beta "PCSX2 version: Official Beta 1888" Version) I cannot save it at the save points in the game. The save screen comes and then it freezes.Nothing happens.Then I close the application with the task manager.

I tried saving my game with save state too.With one of the emu mentioned above I was able to save and retrieve the file.But a very dark environment came in which i was just able to see the glowy swords and stuff.Not playable at all. So I tried other versions of these emulators and
they dont even save the state.They crash!!
I was able to save the game with "pcsx2-0.9.6-r1533" version but then cannot retrieve it.It shows me few errors in a popup and the game crashes.

Basically what am trying to say here is that I somehow managed to find the right emulator for God of war 2,right plugins etc for it.But I CANT SAVE THE GAME with either "save points" or "save state" of the emulator. Sad

Spent too much of time trying to find a solution for this.

I just Hope will get something here.
What's the problem with the latest beta? It should work fine with it, are you running it from a disc? You should also use the beta plugins that came with 1888 for best compatibility.
And you should also run as an administrator,maybe that is your problem
Am logged in as admin only. BUt i ll try that too.Am sure it wont help though.

@Bositman : Yeah I tried the latest beta.Cannot even run the game through it . No I am using an .iso . You are right about the 1888 plugins.but I think they arent helping me executing the iso.The cdrom plugins which came alone with them says "No cd/dvd found"

So thats why am using "Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0 " With the previous versions.

Still cant save.. Sad
you should download the full r1888 installer and install it on some new place,and from that place,without copying any plugins,just using the default ones,try to save.
(11-20-2009, 04:44 PM)diegochiha Wrote: [ -> ]you should download the full r1888 installer and install it on some new place,and from that place,without copying any plugins,just using the default ones,try to save.
Tried it, didn't work
@ Flyarion

Well now im confused.
so any more suggestions for how to save the game?? Sad
mmm your problem is very strange Tongue...
why not try with the pcsx2 0.9.7 r2237??..
hahaha..ok will try and get back to this thread. Laugh
Pages: 1 2 3 4