..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Game running slow, was running fine yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm new to pcsx2 and I don't know what to do with this problem..

I've installed everything and made the configuration as suggested (I have all the things checked for CPU and everything was working very well). I then got Yu Gi Oh CX Tag Force Evolution, a card game. I started playing and everything was running very fine. My cpu was most of the time at 5% and topped at maybe 20%. But then, I restarted my computer and tried to play tonight but strangely the game has been very very slow since I rebooted, maybe 5 times slower than yesterday.

I'm new to pcsx2 so I don't know what I could've done wrong. I tried reinstalling pcsx2 and it didn't change anything. I deleted the memory and just to be sure I rebooted, ran my anti-virus, anti-spyware etc. but nothing changed; it's still going freaking slow haha

So I don't know what I should try next. I don't have any other game, should I get another one and see if the same happens or does anyone have a miraculous solution?

My laptop is running on Vista 74 bits, I have 4GB of RAM, a Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2,53GHz processor, and my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce G 105M. Yes my video card isn't great at all, but the game's graphics are very basic, it's a gameboy game put on ps2, so that can't be the problem.

Please help me if you can. I will give you cookies if you do.

Thanks in advance
Quote:Yes my video card isn't great at all, but the game's graphics are very basic, it's a gameboy game put on ps2, so that can't be the problem.

maybe, but it's still emulation, and even if it has poor graphics, it may be slow, anyways.

Sounds like you're running it on a laptop.

Try disabling power saving mode in bios settings.
@ the_zyphoid
"My laptop is running on Vista 74 bits" <<<< yes,its a laptop XD

And this issue is maybe caused by that power saving thing that jesalvin says,or maybe its a overheating issue,check your cpu and gfx temp.