..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I cant get Metal Gear Solid 3 to run properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i just recently downloaded pcsx2 and i have everything configured and working properly. i can get the emulator to run and to bring me to the main ps2 menu.

my problem is that i either hit execute or run CD to run the .iso form of MGS3 and it does nothing. it will not start up the game and i am unsure why.

the only thing i can think of is that i have to run the TLB version of pcsx2 because it said i did not have sufficient physical memory.

any help is appreciated.

Howdie

p.s. if it helps here are my specs
AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+
2.19GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
GeForce 9600 GSO
TLB version? How old is your version of pcsx2? At least run 0.9.6 stable...

That said, MGS3 is one of the hardest to emulate PS2 games, one that has scenes I can't get full speed on my PC... Your system will not get anywhere near playable... We're talking MAYBE 1/4th speed even if you do get the game loading on your PC.

In fact, I hate to say this but your PC probably couldn't emulate any PS2 game at full or even close to full speed. That said, if you're still dead set on trying, I again recommend upgrading to PCSX2 0.9.6 or the latest beta (revision 1888).