..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx unusual behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay before i start i'd just like to say this is not game based but the pcsx2 r1888 emulator has been actinv strange these past days 1st it was fine at 70 - 80fps then suddenly the cpu usage drops to around 30% and the fps to around 12 i checked in task manager it was audiodg.exe. after toying around with control panel i fixed it, but the problem still exists it does the same thing but audiodg is not responsible please let me know if it's just me or is there a way to resolve this? thanks in advance, need more info? just request Smile

EDIT: lol i also noticed that if i hover my mouse over the emulator the fps drops by around 30% and if not it is much faster! idk if it's just me again
Sounds like your system is causing those troubles. I don't know what that audiodg process is but maybe you should consider updating your motherboard/sound card drivers. Doesn't look like a PCSX2 issue at all.
Looks like you are running windowed mode. I find that at least my PCSX2 is more consistent and faster in fullscreen mode.
(12-02-2009, 12:22 PM)mantasuk Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you are running windowed mode. I find that at least my PCSX2 is more consistent and faster in fullscreen mode.

i run in windowed mode and have been able to run my games at their full speed...
i also notice that the OP hasn't given any of his pc specs or any other info that could help see what the problem is
audiodg.exe problems happen in some machines, try to look into new drivers or other programs that could be interfering. It's not a PCSX2 problem it just triggers it like other 3d apps would probably.