..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: allow 8-bit texture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering, is it supposed to be like this when i checked the allow 8-bit texture option?

[attachment=22107]
It's an option that can help some games gain a little more speed but it creates some problems as well, if it doesnt change the speed for your game (for good I mean Tongue) just keep it off.
8-bit textures is also a bit buggy with ATi cards. That is one of the common side effects.

Only a very few games gain any benefit from 8-bit textures and all the others actually get pretty bad slowdown because of it.
@ Ajimosan
I tried checking enable 8 bit textures in that game(dragon ball z infinte world)and you get pretty good speed ups during the battle,but as a side effect the characters look "darker",and during special techniques (square+up) you get terrible slowdowns.
i dont have performance issue with that game...
i always got 45-60fps in that game, i just want to make sure why the problem happen with all the dragonball game i have when i enable the option
i dont say that you have perfomance issues,i just say that this game specially have issues with enable 8 bit textures option and that all.