..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Whay can't I patch these addresses?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi:

So here is the thing. I'm currently playing SRW Alpha 2. The thing is that each pilot (which are a lot as anyone related to SRW should know) has its own PP (sort of like experience points that can be used to upgrade stats) and I'm trying to find an unlimited PP cheat.

It's trivial to find a separate code for each pilot but not so trivial to find one that works for all pilots (I did it for SRW MX).

The thing is that whenever I change the pp (by spending them) It's always 3 32 bit unsiged values that are changed, as follows:

A particular one (that changes with every pilot)
0114b570
0114b5b8

These last two change allways which leads me to believe that freezing that value to say 3000 would give me Inf PP for every pilot. However here is what happens: I add the cheat with the right value and then activate it in the Patch browser. Nothing happens and the cheat finder still presents the original value (say 16) in the new value column for both of those addresses. I get out of the upgrading screen (back to the menu), open the cheat finder again and find that those addresses have the 3000 value (in the new value column) that I had set with the cheat. So I enter again the pilot training screen only to find (again in the cheat finder) that the address now holds the original value 16.

My question is: what is going on? and Is there a way to work around it?

Thanks.
Not to seem condescending, but just to double check because I've had this happen once or twice to myself... Did you remember to enable the codes? Setting the value alone won't enable them, you have to manually select them from the patch browser and click the enable/disable button.
You are not condescending at all. It's a perfectly valid question as I have had that happen to myself more than once.

But, yes the codes are enabled. And besides if they weren't the 3000 value would never appear in the cheat finder.

Thanks anyways