..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PLease Help with this....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wanting to know that with my current system specs

CPU~ AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core at 3.2GHz stock
RAM~ G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1333
Hard Drive~ 1 TB Seagate SATA 7200 rpm
Motherboard/GPU~ integrated ATI HD 3300 specs here

that if I bought this GPU (a Sapphire HD 5850) would it increase the frame rate significantly or is that based on CPU specs? becuase at the moment Im only pulling 30 Frames on Ratchet and Clank Size Matters but on games like Kingdom Hearts I can get 60 frames with that .0.97 plugin.
the games I want to use on it are
all the Ratchet and Clanks, DBZ Budokai 2 & 3 and Tekken Tag and Tekken 5
will this GPU increase the frame rate on any of the above games??

thanks to anyone that can help
When you play ratchet and clank in the PCSX2 window, does CPU usage say 100%? If so, then yes that new GPU should easily fix that.

If I had to guess though, that's exactly your problem and that GPU will easily fix it.
(12-07-2009, 02:40 AM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]When you play ratchet and clank in the PCSX2 window, does CPU usage say 100%? If so, then yes that new GPU should easily fix that.

If I had to guess though, that's exactly your problem and that GPU will easily fix it.

its says about 40-45% in Task Manager. Does that mean a GPU wont be any good?
Not in Task Manager, on the top of the window for PCSX2. If it says 100% then it's your video card that's giving you bad performance, but if it's below 95% then it's your CPU. If it is your CPU, you could probably get your games running full speed with a speed hack or two.
Look at the picture attached to see the percentage on the PCSX2 window.
The onboard GPU is pretty weak. You don't need PCSX2 to tell you that. If you are going to be doing any moderate to heavy gaming, then you should definitely grab that card. The 5850 should be a nice upgrade and it's DirectX 11 compliant. So you should have that card for a while. It is good for PC gaming and PCSX2. If you have nice aftermarket cooling, you can even OC your CPU and get even more performance out of your system.