..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Serious Sam: The Next Encounter (PAL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody got this game working? The compatibility list says it's "playable", but I get a crash everytime I finish the first level. Just now I also had a complete freeze when I tried looking upwards at the sky (task manager showed some kind of crc error on pcsx2).

Also, the game runs with very poor fps. Particularily when the monsters spawn the game becomes unplayable.

System specs / PCSX2 info:

- Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 Ghz
- 4 GB RAM
- Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670 XT 1 GB
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

PCSX2 beta 1888, Gsdx SSE4.1, SPU2-X (Xaudio2), LilyPad, tried with and without the following speedhacks: cycle rate 1.5x, INTC, IdleLoopFF. 1920x1080 resolution, D3D10 hardware mode, texture filtering on, 8 bit textures disabled. Running from an ISO file (running via dvd tends to give me a lot of "stopping" whenever it has to access the disc in some games).

Final Fantasy X runs completely fine with the same settings.
Well the game in the compatibility list is the NTSC one and it's tested with pcsx2 0.9.6, so try with the PCSX2 0.9.6 version but there's always the possibility that it' just wont work further than you got.

What error does it show when it crashes?
I think one problem could be that serious sam games where originally made for PC and were then ported to other systems such as ps2. So you have a game not made for a system which you emulate on a system which wasnt supposed to play such games, if that makes any sense Laugh

I suggest you try PC version if you want smooth and bugfree gameplay. And its a whole lot of fun to play it online in CO-OP mode, *flashback to our lanparties* <3

Ah comes to mind, they recently released a remake of the game called Serious Sam HD or something, with improved graphics.
Thanks for the replies, I'll have to re-check the error message and try it in 0.9.6 (it only showed up in task manager, pcsx2 just showed a frozen screen). And Clouds, I'm a regular Serious Sam player myself so that's why I wanted to see if the console version worked on PC (I already have SS:TSE, SS2 and SSHD Laugh). Of course, I've already beat it on PS2 numerous times in coop with some mates, but I couldn't resist playing it again with HD graphics Tongue And NE is very different from the other games in the series.