..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Random Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is someone else having random crashes for a while (with SVN builds)
I've been having them for a month at least didn't try anything special didn't change anything special

it takes 5 to 30 minutes before it crashes and it does so without warning nothing about it in the logs and windows gives a typical error message saying it looks for a solution

Win7
Geforce 8600GTS

I use GSDX r2404 SSE 2
SPU2-X r2445
Lilypad r2362

the harmless speed hacks and EE cyclehack 1.5X
but IIRC it happens without too

so anyone got a similar problem?
I used to have them before (moths ago tho), now they stopped :P

If anything try to check if any revision in particular started giving you this problem.
happens with 1888 too I used GSDX 1873
and the rest was form the 30 dec package
I thought maybe it's my compiles

since those had previously no problems with my pc
maybe an OS error..?
funny... I solved it... apparently...
I updated from 2451 to 2456
when I noticed that I used the wrong bios (we have one american ps2 and a european a german one to be exact)
seems the bios is important afterall...
I wish I knew which games work on what bios

Devil summoner 2 works only with the USA bios
DS 1 works with The european... haven't tested the usa yet XD

ah also yuyu hakusho dark tournament doesn't work on newer revisions it says right after
initializing the GS
windowStream exception: (thread:EE Core) File not found.
File/Object: SLUS_208.05;

it works on 1888 and it doesn't seem to be a plugin problem... I have wierd problems with this emu XDDDD
There are VERY few games affected by BIOS version, like Tekken 5, and Shin Megami Tensei games. That is due to emulation bugs though. What's the exact revision you get that file not found error? Can you find the last revision that didn't give that error?
sure might take some time though
r2100 works
r2250 doesn't work (closing in)
r2173 doesn't work too
r2147 works again
r2154 works too
r2159 works still
r2166 doesn't work again (now it get's problematic .. I can't build even half of the revisions between 2159 and 2166)
I get this problem on r2164 appeared in r2161

1>Elfheader.obj : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes (not solved extern) Symbol ""void __cdecl InitPatch(class wxString)" (?InitPatch@@YAXVwxString@@@Z)".
1>D:\pcsx2\\bin\\pcsx2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 nicht aufgelöste externe Verweise(not solved extern reference).

anyway I suspect r2165 and r2166 for now but I can't test them if I can't test the rev before them
can someone close this please since the initial problem is solved and I opened a bug report for the other problem because it doesn't belong in this section of the forum XD