..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SOTC help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have gotten other games to run, mainly Kingdom Hearts 1 with the ZeroGS plugin.

I have the latest beta build with the latest beta plugins.

My specs are:
AMD X4 3.2ghz quadcore
ATI HD5850 1GB
4GB DDR3 Ram

I have the extreme sunlight/lag problem. The moment it hits the main screen I'm crippled and can't see a thing.

I have read that using GSDX cures this, but I cannot get it to work for me. My card supports DX11 so I tried using the D3D10 hardware settings, put it up to about 1440x900 (i read somewhere that it helps with speed aswell) and let it rip.

It goes to pcsx2 and stars running and I can even hear the menu's running at fine speed, but no picture.

Help?
try it with DX9 hardware mode with 1024*1024 internal res.

It should solve the brightness problem
Try playing with the gfx plugins. I noticed that the glare on them varied greatly. I can't remember which one I used, but got rid of most of it. I think it was the GSSSE3 plugin, since it supports a better shader.

I have an i7 920 /w an nvidia x285 on Win7 using dx10 hw mode & 1920x1080 internal res /w SoTC. 3x speedhack and it sits at 60fps constantly.

The glare for me only really resides at the beginning area and it isn't really that bright anymore. It was at first, almost blinding to the point I couldn't see where to go. After fiddling with the plugins it pretty much got rid of 80% of it during the game. The beginning area at the temple is still fairly bright though, but only at the temple for some reason.

(1920x1080 internal res and all that jazz.. no direct sun in the pic, but it isn't ungodly bright either)

http://deathwing.us/media/socps2.png

Edit: Btw stick with the official release 0.9.6. The beta build r1888 gave me some weird graphical issues with SOTC.