..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] The Red Star [NTSC-U]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Bug Report] The Red Star [NTSC-U]

# PCSX2 version: Official Beta 1888, Official v0.9.6 release
# CPU options: EErec on, VUrec0 and VUrec1 on, MTGS on, tried with and without microVU
# Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.15 (hardware and software, dx9), ZeroGS 0.97.1
# Description: So the problem with Red Star crashing hard partway through the first level is already known, but testing it with the latest beta I noticed something about the crash.
To start with, this error message repeats constantly throughout the actual gameplay:

Quote:Unexpected hwRead16 from 0x10003c30

Then at the third mini-boss fight, it switches to the following repeating sequence:

Quote:Unexpected hwRead16 from 0x10003c30
vtlbDefaultPhyRead128: 0x7000000
vtlbDefaultPhyWrite8: 0x12fb90
vtlbDefaultPhyWrite16: 0x12fb90
vtlbDefaultPhyWrite32: 0x12fb90
vtlbDefaultPhyWrite64: 0x12fb90
vtlbDefaultPhyWrite128: 0x12fb90
Unexpected hwRead16 from 0x10003c30

This repeats 99 times (I counted two different instances), and then the emulator crashes. The double repeat of the original error line is accurate, and that's the last line before the crash.

What I noticed was, if I hit savestate partway through the second error sequence repeat and then loaded it again, the game progresses just a little bit further before crashing. (The errors seem to continue throughout the boss fight, so it's still basically unplayable.)

So is it some overload from the repeating error messages that's causing the emulator to crash? I'm no programmer, so I don't know why 100 repeats would be significant, but that's what the problem seems to be.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.