..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Continue: Valkyrie Profile 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Continue from this old post :
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-12582.html

So, now I received my new VP2 disk from ebay -- brand new one,

And it still doesn't workBlink

Great, I just wasted forty bucks. As I said, so be it. I will not return the product since I believed tri-ace really did a good job on this game -- and this is just my little contribution to those hard working game programmers and designers.

However, I still need to fix this issue, at least now I can tell that it is not a disc issue anymore.

Now I am thinking the problem should be on the emulator itself, so I reinstalled the r1888 public version, and let everything be in default as they were. I made an iso from Daemon Tools, and launched the game, still crash ...
[attachment=22445]

You can find my save in the old post.

If anyone has a working pcsx2, can you please send it too me?

And just a quick quesiton right here, what may be the cause of this? 8 gigs of RAM?
BTW, this crash only happens when I am entering to a battle (shown in the attachment).
Really want to play the game ... at least understand what is the game all about. Need help >"<
(01-30-2010, 12:36 AM)kirisame Wrote: [ -> ]Really want to play the game ... at least understand what is the game all about. Need help >"<

Have you already tried Software Mode ?
Software mode crashes as well.
Picture Attached using software mode.
[attachment=22446]
try swap your GSdx version temporlarly the 0.1.7,r2404,and your current GSdx version until you past though the crushing area.
You are loading a state, which is most probably causing the crash. Load normally from memcard and try again.
Edit: It could also be an unstable Overclock. Yes I know other games work for you this way but that doesn't exclude it, so also try setting your CPU back to stock and trying again
I'm wondering if you enabled the game fix for that game.
Zephyr:
Try either Game fix on and off, still the same.

Bositman:
No, I load the game normally from memcard, I never used the save state function.

Tallbender:
Will try r2404, although I've tried it before ...
I played a few fights, and got a crash on the 7th or so.
This was with all the latest builds of pcsx2 and plugins.
I know that this game used to run fine, so the crash is new ><

Will investigate, once I have a bit more time.
Thanks rama, hope you can find out a solution ^^

here's a pic from using r2540.

[attachment=22447]