..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: CVS2 small sound issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i finally got around to iso-ify my copy of Capcom vs snk 2.
the game works great for the most part, the only problems are some shaking (not enough for me to care) and then there's the sound...
I dunno exactly how to describe it: it sounds like it's far away at times, not always but sometimes. I've been trying with both SPU2-X and ZeroSPU and they both have this problem.
(02-02-2010, 10:27 PM)CrimsonMoonMist Wrote: [ -> ]So i finally got around to iso-ify my copy of Capcom vs snk 2.
the game works great for the most part, the only problems are some shaking (not enough for me to care) and then there's the sound...
I dunno exactly how to describe it: it sounds like it's far away at times, not always but sometimes. I've been trying with both SPU2-X and ZeroSPU and they both have this problem.

i dont know about sound but for shaking try using the "interlacing" modes in gsdx find the one that works best for u and if u can avoid the 2 last cause u may loose some fps.
for the sound problem: what version of pcsx2 u use? try using r1888 with the 30 december plugins it may fix the problem http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
I know that much.
I'm using blend-tff and I've been trying all the others too.
But as i said, i don't care because it's not that much at all.
And as far as loosing fps go, no problem at all,
my pc can run cvs2 no problem besides the sound.
(02-02-2010, 10:33 PM)CrimsonMoonMist Wrote: [ -> ]I know that much.
I'm using blend-tff and I've been trying all the others too.
But as i said, i don't care because it's not that much at all.
And as far as loosing fps go, no problem at all,
my pc can run cvs2 no problem besides the sound.

what about pcsx2 version and plugins? what do u use?
That would be the r1888 beta.
sound plugin is SPU2-X 1.2.0.
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7544/spu2x.jpg
as far as other settings go,
i can't see how that would matter.
i dont know if the link i will give is allowed on the forum (please tell me if not i didnt saw something for that in rules) *removed*
download that svn its allready compiled but i dont know if its in good condition Tongue copy your bios memcards and patches (if u have edited any of them) and try if that can solve your problem. at worst case scenario u will get more fps in most games (if u play good with the settings)
No it's not allowed. CrimsonMoonMist you are probably hitting a bug in SPU2 emulation, it's not perfect yet. All you can do is try a couple of interpolation modes in SPU2-X which emulates the best but that's it.
Okay, thanks for the help!
I've been trying to use the peops plugin, but unfortunately it doesn't pop up on the drop down menu for sound plugins...