..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 0.9.7 sneak peek!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
when can we expect a release date for this amaizing beta?
Quote:when can we expect a release date for this amaizing beta?
when it's done
You didn't have to make fancy gui.It will draw a little of processor power.To me it is important which grafic plugin and speedhack options there will be.
(03-14-2010, 01:44 AM)resinate Wrote: [ -> ]so pscx2 is only duel core, is it even possible to unlock all 4 cores? im not here to start any flame wars

pretty much under options be able to pick from duel core to quad core, that would be HUGE for us would be very thankful for it.

They would have to spend a lot of time changing code to fit quad core processor,and there would be bugs in the process.Can't avoid that.
Quote:which grafic plugin and speedhack options
about graphic plugins : they are independant of pcsx2, and aren't really part of the project
about speedhacks : they aren't part of pcsx2's main goal. Main goal is accuracy. Considering speedhacks lead to break this accuracy, I don't think you will have what you're looking for.
Quote:You didn't have to make fancy gui.It will draw a little of processor power.To me it is important which grafic plugin and speedhack options there will be.

It's so minimal it doesn't matter. If your PC can't handle PCSX2, the new GUI won't change that fact.
(04-15-2010, 07:58 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:You didn't have to make fancy gui.It will draw a little of processor power.To me it is important which grafic plugin and speedhack options there will be.

It's so minimal it doesn't matter. If your PC can't handle PCSX2, the new GUI won't change that fact.

In fact, the new GUI allows us to remove constant GUI event checking, which is a speedup over the old GUI. A quite big one even.
Was it not possible to decrease event checking in the old GUI?

I like the old GUI better, but I like the new one also. I just find the organization is more streamlined and concise in the old GUI. I find the old GUI settings for any particular thing were very accessible. I like the 'Config' dropdown in the old GUI a lot, I use it often and find it's very simple and straightforward.

On the other hand, the Dolphin emulator for example has many settings for video in different places, which I find troublesome.
Simple answer: Nope, it wasn't possible in the old GUI.
Also, the final configuration layout isn't determined yet Smile
That's cool, thanks for the heads up Smile
OMG, God of war and gow2 will be fully playable on this version. Nice man. i cant wait. Hurry!!! Laugh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18