..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: MGS3 sound problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My pc specs dual core turbo 2, 4gb ram, ATI 4600 series: I'm trying to run MGS3 I'm using the latest emulator, when I start the game it runs fine but the sound laggs I heard there was a sound patch for this is this true, or is there a other sound plugin.
Ok first there is NO 'dual core turbo 2' CPU. Either check what windows reports as your CPU name, or use a tool like CPU-Z

Secondly, Metal Gear Solid 3 is one of the hardest games to emulate. I get about 30-40 fps in heavy scenes with my E8400 @ 3,6 Ghz, so most probably your processor can't handle it
(02-14-2010, 04:18 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Ok first there is NO 'dual core turbo 2' CPU. Either check what windows reports as your CPU name, or use a tool like CPU-Z

Secondly, Metal Gear Solid 3 is one of the hardest games to emulate. I get about 30-40 fps in heavy scenes with my E8400 @ 3,6 Ghz, so most probably your processor can't handle it

How can it be the hardest to emulate, I heard there was a sound plugin that could fix this, there must be something to do.
You heard wrong. Sound plugins have nothing to do with emulation speed. Changing one could prevent crashes and such but it wouldn't affect speed in any serious way (like +2-5 fps max)
(02-14-2010, 04:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]You heard wrong. Sound plugins have nothing to do with emulation speed. Changing one could prevent crashes and such but it wouldn't affect speed in any serious way (like +2-5 fps max)

KK thanks looks like I just have to try different plugins then.