..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3 FES & Persona 4 - Inevitable Drop in FPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I figured my specs were reasonable enough to run Persona 3/4 on computer. I loaded up memory card files to get NG+ (final boss in both games) and I noticed an inevitable drop in FPS (from a constant 60 about 45~50) sometimes going a bit lower, but almost always running at 70~80% when there was multiple people on the screen (dungeon waiting areas, events, battles.)

I did some reading around and thread searching and it seems it's inevitable for Persona 4, however I keep reading Persona 3 FES runs perfectly (even though I have the same problem between the two games). So, is there infact a way to run FES perfectly or is this drop in FPS expected at these points in the game?

Computer:
Win Vista 32bit
GeForce 8800 GT
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
3GB of RAM

Configuration also attached.
It's expected for both games.
People that say these games run fast either didn't test properly, they have faster computers or they ignore those slowdowns.

You'll need a core2 at around 3.8Ghz to guarantee fullspeed at all times.

Edit:
You'll want to use the latest pcsx2 beta though, it's a bit faster usually.
Also it gives you a new speedhack that should work wonders on this game.
Thanks for the help. I changed versions to the beta and messed around with the speed hack, without it, and a few other changes but the problem persisted. Thinking it may be my computer.
depends on how powerful the computer is.
for example both run fullspeed for me with no slowdowns ever