..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I need help with config pcsx2 ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

First of all i want to say that i have searched and searched for anser here on this forum and on the internet,

I'm trying to play my good old game 'shadow of the colossus' on pcsx2
The problem is that it works but onely with the beta version of pcsx2 using VU cycle stealing on max.

My frames are 60 fps but the graficks are poor and choppy.

I don't understand why i can onely play this game on beta pcsx2 with VU cycle stealing and grafic pluging SSE2. If i change the pluging to ZeroGS it drops frams to 5-30 max per second. and if i change back with SSE2 and the speedhack it works choppy.

My specs are:

Windows xp
2gig ram
intel duo core 3 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 3800 series 512MB

Normely with searching on this site my cpu isn't that bad? and also grafick card.
I also have the feeling that it has something to do with the extreem lighting in this game :s

Thank you,

Zarkang
I dont know if that ati radeon card is good but ive got a feeling that its bad, so go buy an Nvidia 9600+ card if u can afford it, i looked at a youtube video and with the help from the community i got the games to work.
i don't think my grafic card is bad. I play the new pc games like mass efect 2 in high quality and its also a xbox 360 game. so why would i be able to play a ps2 game :s i'm gonna upgrade my rig in the future but i need $ for that of cource Smile

ty for the replie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-whYQW8ExPs

And ask for help from the community if u have problems.
i have seen most vids on youtube and non would help, i have even been on tech forums it still onely works on pcsx2 beta version with speedhack VU cycle stealing.

I know that this game even had lag on my ps2 sometimes. Its a heavy ps2 game but i dont think that that would be the problem :s

But from all the things i have seen its alway nvidia cards they mention and no Radeon. Maye it is my card Sad becaus it is radeon but i find that weird.
You may want to state all of the pcsx2 settings for the game so that we don't need to guess.