..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DirectX DLLs required by PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to make my installation of PCSX2 portable, and so I can use it on computers that require administrative privelages (like library computers). The only obstacle barring me from full portability is having to update DirectX, which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for said administrative privelages.

I know putting certain d3dx9/10/11 DLL files inside the PCSX2 folder works, because I've tried it before. I'd just like to know which specific DLLs the emulator requires, for future reference.
pcsx2 need
gnu_gettext.dll
w32pthreads.dll
msvcr90.dll
mscrp90.dll
but the last two most likely wont be enough just to place them inside pcsx2 directory.There are some more but I doubt that windows which is able to run PS2 games on pcsx2 won't have them(it it possible those two files to be there too)
Those aren't DirectX libraries, those are libraries specific for PCSX2 you put in the PCSX2 folder I think.

I don't recommend just dropping DirectX files into C:\Windows\System32\

It does work most of the time, but it is a quick fix when a quick fix isn't that necessary.

You should just go here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

And download the full DirectX setup for your computer, and your DirectX will be completely up to date.

Just download that, package it, and keep it on a USB/flash card/hard drive for any time you do a reinstall of Windows.
hey now it took me-a while to find this thread.. i hereby dub this the IMPORTANT thread cause people here are capable of giving results Laugh

ok so what i need to know is.. the bare minimum exact direct OR opengl-dlls to run.

and for Pete -sake ! can you guys make the program check for dlls within the root folder? i tried my usual method of direct x accelerating (using swiftshader direct x plugins) by puting the required (as asked for through the console info window) direct x dlls in step by step.

and NO i do NOT want to install the full dingus. im sorry but people dont understand what it means to be able to go from pc to pc with the configuration. i cannot reinstall 500 useless dlls when i only need 4 to get all playstation games to work.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
long story short is : someone tell me where pcsx2 looks for its shared dlls AND OR tell me how to make-an .ini file to change the target lookin directory AND OR what exact directx or opengl/2 dlls it takes to get it to load all the way into an iso.
^^

post note :the opengl2 wrapper via the new guy[http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html] runs MUCH faster than direct x .. easy 400 fps {best clamped at 100 for non super machines}
make a new thread plizzz

you are bumping 2 years old thread
(05-03-2012, 04:41 AM)kohaku2421 Wrote: [ -> ]make a new thread plizzz

you are bumping 2 years old thread

okTongue
(05-03-2012, 04:26 AM)hyperdyne Wrote: [ -> ]hey now it took me-a while to find this thread.. i hereby dub this the IMPORTANT thread cause people here are capable of giving results Laugh

ok so what i need to know is.. the bare minimum exact direct OR opengl-dlls to run.

and for Pete -sake ! can you guys make the program check for dlls within the root folder? i tried my usual method of direct x accelerating (using swiftshader direct x plugins) by puting the required (as asked for through the console info window) direct x dlls in step by step.

and NO i do NOT want to install the full dingus. im sorry but people dont understand what it means to be able to go from pc to pc with the configuration. i cannot reinstall 500 useless dlls when i only need 4 to get all playstation games to work.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
long story short is : someone tell me where pcsx2 looks for its shared dlls AND OR tell me how to make-an .ini file to change the target lookin directory AND OR what exact directx or opengl/2 dlls it takes to get it to load all the way into an iso.
^^

post note :the opengl2 wrapper via the new guy[http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html] runs MUCH faster than direct x .. easy 400 fps {best clamped at 100 for non super machines}

reviving a 2yo thread is no "help"
better close this now!