..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Instant Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
P4 3.00 GHz
1.5 GB Ram
GeForce 7600 GS 512MB

When I go to File->Run CD/DVD I just get a black screen. Happens with every game I try.

Current Plug-Ins

GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
SPU2-X 1.1.0
LilyPad 0.9.9
Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0

I used to get a generic XP error message and crash. I followed a gonfig guide and now this is all I get.
(02-18-2010, 08:52 PM)RoYgBiV Wrote: [ -> ][...]
Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
[...]

Better use Linuz Iso CDVD, it's more stable than mounting the image and read via Gigaherz's CDVD. Perhaps this fixes your problem.
Thanks alot! It works now!

The problem I am having now though is that when I start up my game (FFX) the sound is like it's being muted on and off rapidly. I also only run at about 30fps at the menu screen but once I hit New Game I drop down between 9 and 13. Any suggestions on this.

I'd be happy to provide any info that is required to help fix this. I'm pretty new to this as the most advanced emulator I used before this was for SNES Tongue2
Sounds about right.
You have a single core CPU and a somewhat weak GPU.
Try the latest beta (1888) and plugins pack.
Also, try some speedhacks.
They won't get you fullspeed, but at least it's an improvement.
Tried some speed hacks, boosted up to 50-60fps during opening menu, but still drop to 9.6-13 once I start the game.
Ugh, can't remember off the top my head, but there's something you're supposed to set in config->advanced.
(02-19-2010, 04:36 AM)dr_thrax Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh, can't remember off the top my head, but there's something you're supposed to set in config->advanced.

Could it be that he has to set the clamp mode to a different level? "None" will surely give you some fps, but it could break your the game. Perhaps you should try it out. But I don't think that this will give you a playable speed. Your CPU is just to weak for good emulation.