..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dark Cloud/CPU?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, I know you guys get this a lot. I am running Dark Cloud from an ISO. I have read the FAQs/Config guides, and searched the forums for any other information.

Running:
Windows Vista
4094MB ram
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.4GHZ (From what I've read, starting to think this is the problem?)
Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT
DXversion 11

PSCX2 V0.9.6:
GSdx 846 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.9
SPU2-X 1.1.0
Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0

The game was running at about 24Fps. I enabled VU skip, which brought the game up to about 28Fps. I was wondering if there is anything else I can do that could increase the playability of the game? I tried the speed hacks, and they didn't seem to make the game run any smoother/quicker. Or is it a hardware issue?
Its most likly your pc. Yor cpu is only somewhat good and you gpu isnt really helping much. You could try getting the latest beta and plugin pack to see if you can get a bit more speed.
(02-20-2010, 11:50 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: [ -> ]Its most likly your pc. Yor cpu is only somewhat good and you gpu isnt really helping much. You could try getting the latest beta and plugin pack to see if you can get a bit more speed.

The beta is working better. With a little bit of tweaking, got it up to 35fps, which is great Smile
Ticking "native" on GSdx and setting the "VU Cycle Stealing" speedhack (latest beta only) to moderate or higher should help on this game.
(02-20-2010, 10:50 PM)Pierson5 Wrote: [ -> ]The game was running at about 24Fps. I enabled VU skip, which brought the game up to about 28Fps. I was wondering if there is anything else I can do that could increase the playability of the game? I tried the speed hacks, and they didn't seem to make the game run any smoother/quicker. Or is it a hardware issue?
Are you sure you using the lates beta version?Rolleyes

I played dark cloud last month smoothly. I finished dark cloud 2 last week! Laugh

Windows Vista
4094MB ram
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6500 2.1 Ghz.
Nvidia GeForce G105M
DXversion 10
(02-21-2010, 10:26 PM)LordDF Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2010, 10:50 PM)Pierson5 Wrote: [ -> ]The game was running at about 24Fps. I enabled VU skip, which brought the game up to about 28Fps. I was wondering if there is anything else I can do that could increase the playability of the game? I tried the speed hacks, and they didn't seem to make the game run any smoother/quicker. Or is it a hardware issue?
Are you sure you using the lates beta version?Rolleyes

I played dark cloud last month smoothly. I finished dark cloud 2 last week! Laugh

Windows Vista
4094MB ram
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6500 2.1 Ghz.
Nvidia GeForce G105M
DXversion 10

I'm using the PCSX2 beta.r1888, as far as I know, that's the latest one.

(02-21-2010, 03:22 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Ticking "native" on GSdx and setting the "VU Cycle Stealing" speedhack (latest beta only) to moderate or higher should help on this game.

The speedhack helped, but barely. Ticking "native" only made matters worse.
(02-22-2010, 10:55 AM)Pierson5 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the PCSX2 beta.r1888, as far as I know, that's the latest one.

The speedhack helped, but barely. Ticking "native" only made matters worse.
Hmm... Mellow

Are you using all speedhack option? Blink
Also, don't mess with your graphic setting, unless you know what you're doing, thought. Tongue

In some place, tough, you will face a slower graphic. At first dungeon, I could meet 65 FPS. In the jungle , it will be much slower. (I turn the maximum frame rate to 65, hoping that it would make it look better, at least on my opinion)