..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Compression?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is worthwhile to compress the games or not?
Yes it is.
(02-27-2010, 03:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it is.

But not affect game performance? The plugin to do this is Linuz?
It does affect performance in certain games from what some users have reported. Never occurred to me though. Yes and make sure you select the slow,better compression since the other option does almost nothing.
OR make the folder you store your image files NTFS compressed, has the same or better compression than the method described above Wink
(02-27-2010, 03:39 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]It does affect performance in certain games from what some users have reported. Never occurred to me though. Yes and make sure you select the slow,better compression since the other option does almost nothing.
OR make the folder you store your image files NTFS compressed, has the same or better compression than the method described above Wink

What would you recommend?
NTFS compressed folder, that's what I use
(02-27-2010, 06:34 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]NTFS compressed folder, that's what I use

Ok, thanks! But the gain is large or dependent? I have such an image is 2.81 GB and now 2.61.
It depends on the content.
If most of the contents are already compressed (to fit the dvd), compressing the image will make it a little smaller.
If most of the contents are uncompressed, compressing the image will make it a lot smaller (with an emphasis on a lot).
Your case is the typical case, compressed FMV's and/or sounds, but the rest are uncompressed.