..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Best Config for RPG games like FF-X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I must use the CD b'cause my problem on Black screen It's not solved yet
Please tell me what is the best Config for a game like FF-X, KH, TOA, or the other games like that....Biggrin
Asus eee PC with Windows XP home service pack 3
Intel® Atom™
CPUN280 @ 1.66GHz
1.67 GHz
0.99 GB of RAM
You don't want to run the emulator on that eee PC right? I personally don't think that would work since that specs is pretty low. To answer your question FFX does not require any special settings Wink
Hmm.
U must have ticked disable all gs plugins, that's why u only got black screen
(03-01-2010, 05:04 PM)ikazu Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm.
U must have ticked disable all gs plugins, that's why u only got black screen

Seriously WHAT are you talking about??? There is no such thing, stop posting useless stuff.

Quote:Well I must use the CD b'cause my problem on Black screen It's not solved yet

Enable console and check if there is any error there.
How can you get decent speed if you don't run by iso?
And the best config u wanted are speed or the graphics? If u want to run fast, u will have to sacrifice ur nice graphics. And if u want nice-looking graphics, u will iave to sacrifice speed.
If u want both, buy E8600.
)yet
(03-01-2010, 05:44 PM)ikazu Wrote: [ -> ]How can you get decent speed if you don't run by iso?
And the best config u wanted are speed or the graphics? If u want to run fast, u will have to sacrifice ur nice graphics. And if u want nice-looking graphics, u will iave to sacrifice speed.

To get decent speed by playing from the CD, I would think that the DVD-ROM's read speed may actually play factor. In my experience, the only difference (that only one that stood out enough for me to notice very quickly, anyway) was when voice acting came up (FFX). There would be a brief pause (literally 1 second or so) before the voices would play. But, I do have a pretty decent ROM drive.

Making a image (ISO) is a easy way to remove one of many factors/variables that may keep you from ever even seeing your game, let alone enjoy playing it! In the end, there are only two things you want (and can't avoid, at that) standing between you and PS2 emulation. They are:

The power of your PC and the emulators/plugins compatablity

Don't let plugins be your problem! I'm going to make a very bold statement here, and bare in mind (as I do), this is in my experience, from what I've seen/read and in my opinion.

As for "What plugins do I us/work best?", your really only facing the graphics and the CDVD plugins. Granted, sound can play factor, but don't you need sound for "Playable" gaming experience. I personally haven't noticed any noteworthy difference (yet) when switching to other plugins, and that's not to say I have any problems on what was set by default. I understand that the "stutter" experienced is usually due to the sound having to stop to let the slower than normal frame rate catch up with the sound. Does that sound right?

Your choice with graphics plugins is basically between ZeroGS and GSdx (with the highest instruction set supported by your processor. That's that "SSE2", "SSSE3" & "SSE4(.1)" thing, for the noobs,) I've found GSdx to work more often than ZeroGS. That's not to say ZeroGS can't prove better. When testing yourself, try GSdx first. If you have problems (mainly graphical), try ZeroGS as a solution.

As for CDVD plugins, the choice is (again) just between two; Linuz ISO and Gigaherz CDVD. I can't say one has been better then the other more often. There have only been a few cases (for me) that one only gave me a black screen, and the other worked. Of course, this is a case-by-case basis, in the end, the only consistant advantage would be Linuz not needing the help of third party software like DAEmon to run games of your harddrive. Convenience.

Everything else has proven fine as it comes (plugins being used). As for the settings of the plugins, I feel you shouldn't be surprised when presented with two choices: better graphics or better speed. You have to give to get. Your setting the emulator to focus more on one than the other. This concept applies to a lot of settings/hacks/fixes. Exceptions being things like game specific fixes. If anyone wants to point out any more exceptions, I'd be happy to add them here.

If you do as I have, I'd say you should only be faced with those two things mentioned earlier. Especially with FFX (and other RPGs, as that's my most played genre).
(03-02-2010, 04:51 AM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ])yet
(03-01-2010, 05:44 PM)ikazu Wrote: [ -> ]How can you get decent speed if you don't run by iso?

To get decent speed by playing from the CD, I would think that the DVD-ROM's read speed may actually play factor. In my experience, the only difference (that only one that stood out enough for me to notice very quickly, anyway) was when voice acting came up (FFX). There would be a brief pause (literally 1 second or so) before the voices would play. But, I do have a pretty decent ROM drive.

Making a image (ISO) is a easy way to remove one of many factors/variables that may keep you from ever even seeing your game, let alone enjoy playing it! In the end, there are only two things you want (and can't avoid, at that) standing between you and PS2 emulation. They are:

The power of your PC and the emulators/plugins compatablity

Don't let plugins be your problem! I'm going to make a very bold statement here, and bare in mind (as I do), this is in my experience, from what I've seen/read and in my opinion.

As for "What plugins do I us/work best?", your really only facing the graphics and the CDVD plugins. Granted, sound can play factor, but don't you need sound for "Playable" gaming experience. I personally haven't noticed any noteworthy difference (yet) when switching to other plugins, and that's not to say I have any problems on what was set by default. I understand that the "stutter" experienced is usually due to the sound having to stop to let the slower than normal frame rate catch up with the sound. Does that sound right?

Your choice with graphics plugins is basically between ZeroGS and GSdx (with the highest instruction set supported by your processor. That's that "SSE2", "SSSE3" & "SSE4(.1)" thing, for the noobs,) I've found GSdx to work more often than ZeroGS. That's not to say ZeroGS can't prove better. When testing yourself, try GSdx first. If you have problems (mainly graphical), try ZeroGS as a solution.

As for CDVD plugins, the choice is (again) just between two; Linuz ISO and Gigaherz CDVD. I can't say one has been better then the other more often. There have only been a few cases (for me) that one only gave me a black screen, and the other worked. Of course, this is a case-by-case basis, in the end, the only consistant advantage would be Linuz not needing the help of third party software like DAEmon to run games of your harddrive. Convenience.

Everything else has proven fine as it comes (plugins being used). As for the settings of the plugins, I feel you shouldn't be surprised when presented with two choices: better graphics or better speed. You have to give to get. Your setting the emulator to focus more on one than the other. This concept applies to a lot of settings/hacks/fixes. Exceptions being things like game specific fixes. If anyone wants to point out any more exceptions, I'd be happy to add them here.

If you do as I have, I'd say you should only be faced with those two things mentioned earlier. Especially with FFX (and other RPGs, as that's my most played genre).

I generally make an ISO of all my PS2 games regardless, just to prevent scratching, prevent speed there from being an issue, and because I didn't install a DVD drive in my desktop.

That being said I usually use gsdx as suggested, and if you can't get a game to work (for example a weird artifact etc) try zerogs. I've found its a "noob" friendly plugin for people because they can see the antialiasing box (in gsdx you just raise the internal resolution, some people apparently don't know this)

But with most rpg's adjusting your video plugin and its settings should allow you to play them at decent speeds, and trying speed hacks if need be.

I believe FFX uses the N-loop setting in gsdx IIRC.

I probably shouldn't have replied to you Rezard lol.
Thanks everyone!!!! Sure many things I have to try but I'll do my best!!
Is it really my specs is very low?? I can't believe that I must try buy another Netbook or a laptop B)
But can u guys solve mine problems about black screen ??? I have talking about that on my first post but I don't understand what are they saying on my topics thanks a lot
Smile
(03-02-2010, 01:06 PM)Al-Revis_student Wrote: [ -> ]But can u guys solve mine problems about black screen ??? I have talking about that on my first post but I don't understand what are they saying on my topics thanks a lot
Smile

Post some screenshots for ur graphics configuration so we can help Smile