..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problem Running ISO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is not that I can't run them at all, but intermittently. Let me take you through all the steps I have done to run an ISO first, then maybe you can help me.

First of all, I cannot run an ISO without having first run the original disk.

Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0 will not work at all. I always get an error stating that it had a problem running, but there is not an error message that gives anything specific to what the problem is.

I then decided to mount the ISO with PowerISO. Switch my plugin to Gigaherz's CDVD 0.7.0. Point it to the virtual drive, select File=>Run CD/DVD, the emulator opens up, but nothing happens.

ESC out of emu, point to the real drive with original disk, File=> Run CD/DVD, viola game runs perfectly. Then press ESC, point back to virtual drive, run CD/DVD, viola game runs perfectly. I can even remove the original disk (just to make sure it's not still reading it) and continue playing without a problem.

This is all fine and dandy, BUT, i have turned most of my games into ISO format and had the original disks, BUT, some have become non-readable due to my 5yr old getting a good little grasp and playing frisbee. I cannot get any ISO to work without having first run the original disk.

Is there a way I can fix this?
What is the exact error you get with Linuz ISO cdvd plugin? Make sure you haven't mounted the ISO while trying to read it with the Linuz ISO cdvd plugin.

I suggest you make the ISO with ImgBurn if you aren't doing so already.
AHA! Thank you so much! It was the fact that I had the image mounted when trying to use Linuz ISO cdvd plugin! Everything works perfectly now.

BTW, I've used PowerISO to make all my images. Is there something that ImgBurn does differently? The games run fine now. I've tested about 9 games so far.

Big THANK YOU!