..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Grandia 3 Performance Question?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys!

I dont know why, but grandia 3 wont run in battles faster than 40-50 fps.
I heared of people, who could play the game with high framerates without any problems. I also tried using native resolution, but there is no difference in performance whether i am using 1600*900 or native resolution.
Please help me configuring this game to its very best, so i can play battles with 60fps+.

Thanks in advance!

My Specs:

HD 5730 oc 810/1060
I7 720qm
windows 7 64bit
4gb ram
first off your cpu is to slow (1.6 ghz seriously??O.o)
secondly grandia 3 is quite demanding i am suprised you even got 50 fps in battles....
so only easy solution here is to oc your cpu to a decent ghz and try again but my guess goes you have a laptop so.... that is a no go.

i really dont understand people who are trying to play pcsx2 with laptops...
yeah, but even with a laptop this old game should work ith 60fps+ shouldnt it?
Have u tried using speedhacks and using latest beta ? If not u can get it here:
http://pcsx2.net/files/22789
http://pcsx2.net/files/21514
Quote:yeah, but even with a laptop this old game should work ith 60fps+ shouldnt it?

if it was anative pc games, maybe.

but it's emulation, and it changes a lot of things to consider in terms of performances...
Grandia 3 is quite demanding game, it's not that simple 2D cause the battle scene is quite demanding if u look it carefully.
Use the latest beta and use the speedhacks "x1.5 cycle rate" and "vu cycle stealing" set to slight, this should give a bit of a boost and not cause sync issues.
to what extent does micro vu help in processor option?
And what is with the other hacks?
Do you recommend status flag hack or min / max hack?
Do they increase speed? do they let occur errors?

Thanks!
Well, to put is simply, it could cause your emulator to crash sometimes, but it helps a lot while in the emulator. Just enable the speedhacks, i can't explain further detail. Maybe the mods can explain to you Laugh
Even on my Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0GHz) this game doesn't run full speed all the time. With the right settings, I can manage 50-60 FPS, and even then it struggles. Maybe, when 0.97 gets released, it will run much faster, so we'll just need to have patience.
Pages: 1 2