..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: a newbie needs help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently got this emulator and I wish to play FFX on it.

I got the BIOS and the ISO, I followed the guide on the forum and configured my software. I encountered many problems, I've been trying to get it to work for hours. Now I'm pretty stuck. I've literally tried almost all the graphics,cdvdrom+bios combinations and the furthest I've gone to is the screen showing 2 memory cards and the disk (when i clicked "execute"). When I chose the disk, it just went black for a few seconds then went back to the original screen.

The codes in the other window said
Restart without memory clear done.
DecSet Write : 00
Region Param = Oceania EEengEE
CDVD.Key = <random numbers>
CDVD.Key = <random numbers>

And when I tried to run it as a disk instead of ISO, and clicked "Run CD/DVD", the screen just goes black and the last line of code says "HDD enable: 0"

Help me please >.<

edit: my specs
i7 920
GTX 285 SLi
Win7 64bit
What revision of the emulator are you using?
using the plugins that came with the download
Use the beta Revision 1888 in the beta section.
(03-27-2010, 08:38 AM)Dragonel Wrote: [ -> ]Use the beta Revision 1888 in the beta section.

I tried it, it still doesnt run at all. Just black screen.
I used the ISO and changed around the configs. Does changing the BIOS region setting matter at all? I noticed the US version have a Playstation 2 pop up logo and the Europe doesn't.

arrrgh!! why won't it work >.<
is there another ps2 emulator i can try?
FFX is one of the most compatible games out there. Re-dump the image to be sure it is your configuration instead of a bum ISO.

This is pretty much the only PS2 emulator in town, and still very much a work in progress.
When you want to run a game, go to file > run ISO image.. > find the ISO image and double click
Use Linuz Iso CDVD plugin. You might want to wait for a half minute after starting the emulation, for you computer to load the iso, if its on an other drive or something.
WOOT finally got it to work!
I re-dumped ISO with a different software, re-installed PCX2 and got the beta 1888 version, and it finally worked. Seems like it was the ISO's fault, haha.

Anyway, I ran the game, at first characters kept on flashing in cut scenes and during the first CG sequence the screen went all white, I did a google search and found out that ZeroGS with AA was causing it, so I switched to GSdx SSE41. It worked better but the graphics is still a bit glitchy and weird in some places. Also the characters in the opening scene seemed to be shaking a little when the camera was panning away.

I'm just wondering if I can change up the configs a bit more to make it better.

I'm currently on:
GSdx 1873 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.15
Direct3D10 (Hardware)
Bob bff
16:9 ratio

Texture filtering: gray checked
Logarithmic Z: gray checked
Allow 8-bit texture: checked
Alpha correction: gray checked
Wait VSync: checked
Windowed: gray checked
Edge AA: gray unchecked
Enable output merger blur effect: unchecked

Doesn't seem to be a lot of options to choose from, should I go back to ZeroGS and tweak the options there without enabling AA?

and here are my specs again:
Intel i7 920
NVIDIA GTX 285 SLi
Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks guys!
(03-28-2010, 01:17 AM)Phoenix777 Wrote: [ -> ]WOOT finally got it to work!
I re-dumped ISO with a different software, re-installed PCX2 and got the beta 1888 version, and it finally worked. Seems like it was the ISO's fault, haha.

Anyway, I ran the game, at first characters kept on flashing in cut scenes and during the first CG sequence the screen went all white, I did a google search and found out that ZeroGS with AA was causing it, so I switched to GSdx SSE41. It worked better but the graphics is still a bit glitchy and weird in some places. Also the characters in the opening scene seemed to be shaking a little when the camera was panning away.

I'm just wondering if I can change up the configs a bit more to make it better.

I'm currently on:
GSdx 1873 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.15
Direct3D10 (Hardware)
Bob bff
16:9 ratio

Texture filtering: gray checked
Logarithmic Z: gray checked
Allow 8-bit texture: checked
Alpha correction: gray checked
Wait VSync: checked
Windowed: gray checked
Edge AA: gray unchecked
Enable output merger blur effect: unchecked

Doesn't seem to be a lot of options to choose from, should I go back to ZeroGS and tweak the options there without enabling AA?

and here are my specs again:
Intel i7 920
NVIDIA GTX 285 SLi
Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks guys!

Enable all options in GSDx, except vsync. disable speedhacks
(03-28-2010, 03:31 AM)ikazu Wrote: [ -> ]Enable all options in GSDx, except vsync. disable speedhacks

Alright I changed it, it's much better now. But the characters in the opening scene are still shaking when the camera is panning. O well.
Anyway, I also noticed that the sound lagged occasionally, how can I fix that?

here is a picture of my current graphics and sound settings,
[Image: 12531221.png]

edit: o and I changed the rend. thread to 3 cuz the guide says it should set it to 3 if I have a quad CPU. I got Intel i7. Should I go higher? since i7 is technically 8 cores, heh
thanks again! Smile
Pages: 1 2