..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pxsx2 Freezing when I try to load my game..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried Running my Kingdom Hearts, and it just froze;
I clicked on run>execute,
then The Sony Entertainment movie/animation thingy came up, it went black, then it freezes.
Any ideas? Is it a problem with my BIOS?
Configurations?

My PC can definitely handle the game..
I didn't buy a i-7 core with 12 gigs of tri channel ram and a hd 5770 DDR5 ati graphics card for nothing.
PCSX2 version? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? Any error shown in the PCSX2 console output?
EDIT: Sorry for this one, I cant delete it Sad Sad
(04-02-2010, 12:56 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]PCSX2 version? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? Any error shown in the PCSX2 console output?

PCSX2 version: 0.9.6

Here are my settings:
[Image: settings.png]
There is no output in the console whatsoever.
EDIT:
There acutally is something int he console..
[Image: lok.png]

MY PC Specs are:
Win 7 x64
12 Gig DDR3 Tri-Channel Ram
Intel 920 I7 Core, 2.66ghz
Ati Radeon HD 5770 DDR5 1GB
Anything else just ask me..
Thanks for posting guys Ohmy hope this can get solved.
Try the March 11th plugins on the main site. Also try using DirectX 9 (Hardware) in GSDX settings.
Ok I'll post when I finish, although my card supports DirectX 11.. xP.
EDIT:
The site seems to be down.Wacko
@TheAnomalyCoder
Hmm...what's that 'permission denied' for your memory card?
Try 'Run as administrator' if you installed PCSX2 in the 'Program Files' directory.
(04-02-2010, 05:45 AM)k1net1cs Wrote: [ -> ]@TheAnomalyCoder
Hmm...what's that 'permission denied' for your memory card?
Try 'Run as administrator' if you installed PCSX2 in the 'Program Files' directory.
a
Oh thanks, that god rid of the memory card messages, however ps2x still freezes =S

EDIT:
I think I solved the problem, instead of Selecting Direct X 10 hardware, I used software instead.
My card is DirectX11, so let me see what happens, I still have to set up the controls, it goes further and asks me to pick a language this time, etc.

EDIT:
Fixed it.
Thanks for all that contributed to solving the problems.
Kingdom Hearts 2 Here I come!
At last!
(04-02-2010, 03:30 PM)TheAnomalyCoder Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed it.
Thanks for all that contributed to solving the problems.
Kingdom Hearts 2 Here I come!
At last!

I think the problem why you couldn't fix anything by fiddling with the settings was because PCSX2 and/or the plugins couldn't rewrite the .ini files because they require administrative privilege, so anything you tried to change probably reverted back to what it was.

In any case, enjoy. =b