..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Configuration Settings Reset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After browsing these forums for quite a while, I'm quite sure that some of you saw this title and grumbled to yourselves about how nobody reads the FAQ or searches before they post their problems. Well, rest assured I did both, and I've still yet to find a fix for this.

I've been running the emulator (successfully) for about a week now, but something I started noticing on about the second day was that my config settings would occasionally reset, resulting in the "first time configuration" screen being displayed when I would start the program. Bear in mind that this didn't happen every time, but I'd say about every fourth time or so. I initially installed the program in the My Documents folder to avoid the write protection hangups of other locations.

This evening, I finally had enough and decided to get to the bottom of the problem. As a test (and a safeguard), I set the program to run as administrator, despite the fact that it's in a non-protected folder. The very next time I started the program, I got the first-time screen again. So I configured everything how I had it before, closed, and then re-opened the emulator. Same thing happened, and none of my settings were saved. I decided to go looking for the config file (just to make sure I had one), but couldn't find it. I did, however, stumble across emuLog.txt. While I won't pretend I understood everything I read in there, I found something that might point to the culprit.

From the log:

Plugins initialized successfully.

[wx] Failed to copy the file 'C:\Users\45545555\Documents\pcsx2\inis\pcs73C2.tmp' to 'C:\Users\45545555\Documents\pcsx2\inis\pcsx2.ini' (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] can't commit changes to file 'C:\Users\45545555\Documents\pcsx2\inis\pcsx2.ini' (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Failed to update user configuration file.
Opening plugins...

I also looked for pcsx2.ini, but I couldn't find that file, either, nor pcs72C2.tmp.

Do I simply not have a config file? And if not, is solving this problem as easy as creating a notepad document with the correct filename?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

P.S.- It's very early Friday morning here, and after tomorrow evening I'll be out of town until Monday. I just wanted to let anyone who posts here know the reason I might not respond straight away. Be assured that I will provide feedback for any suggestions I get, whether they fix the problem or not.
This is what you get for using unofficial alpha builds. The ini and first time configuration functions have known bugs, which you can't fix.
Quote:This is what you get for using unofficial alpha builds.

If I gave you the impression that I'm programming-savvy, I apologize. What do you mean by "unofficial alpha builds"?

Quote:The ini and first time configuration functions have known bugs, which you can't fix.

Might these bugs be addressed in a future release?
You are using a wx (0.9.7) build found on the internet. As it is said in various places, including our forum rules, SVN/unofficial builds will get no support in this forum. We do not provide any downloads of these alpha builds in our site so you didn't get it from here.
Yes fixes are planned.
(04-09-2010, 10:39 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]You are using a wx (0.9.7) build found on the internet. As it is said in various places, including our forum rules, SVN/unofficial builds will get no support in this forum. We do not provide any downloads of these alpha builds in our site so you didn't get it from here.
Yes fixes are planned.

Ah, okay. Well, to be honest, I recieved it from a friend of mine last weekend during a visit (we regularly exchange useful freeware and shareware we come across), so I'm not sure where he got it, either.

I apologize, I was unaware that my version wasn't official. To get here, I just followed the links provided in the "About" menu of the program. I'll uninstall it immediately and get the official release. Thanks for the heads-up! Smile
sorry to bump, but actually I get the same thing on the official 0.9.7 beta
move it to my documents folder and always run it as administrator
it's already in my documents
(07-02-2010, 05:36 PM)matanyabs Wrote: [ -> ]sorry to bump, but actually I get the same thing on the official 0.9.7 beta

What exactly is "the same thing"?
the same setting reset and error messege in log
Pages: 1 2