..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Changing memory cards during play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Excl Hey is it possible to change mem cards with the game still running? Because I'm playing FFXII , and halfway through playing, the memcards failed on me, it also won't savestate, so I'm basically going to lose my progress =/ Help please?
Yeah, when running the game press the "Esc" key to return to the main menu, then do "config > memcards" and choose the new one.
(04-10-2010, 10:23 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, when running the game press the "Esc" key to return to the main menu, then do "config > memcards" and choose the new one.

But how do I get back to the game without restarting it?
Then do "Run > execute".
Thankyou =] x
Okay, it still won't detect the memory cards :/ what do I do?
What are you doing exactly? Loading a state then trying to load from memcard? If 'eject memcards when loading states' is checked in the memcard dialog, it will do just that
(04-10-2010, 09:31 PM)Demiurgo Wrote: [ -> ]Excl Hey is it possible to change mem cards with the game still running? Because I'm playing FFXII , and halfway through playing, the memcards failed on me, it also won't savestate, so I'm basically going to lose my progress =/ Help please?

Why it doesn't save state ??? The only solution in your case is:

1- Save a state beside the save crystal
2- Format your pcsx2 memory card, through the PS2 main screen. (Start the emulator without disc or image to get there)
3- Load the state
4- Save the game in the newly formatted memory card
5- Close the emulator
6- Open again, load the game, use the fresh and new save from memory card
I change my cards without problems
Esc=>change the card=>Run=>Execute
You just have to wait a couple of seconds before pcsx2 start reading the the card