..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: xbox controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i just got the ps2 emulator working, poped in FF12 and it worked flawlessly, now all i need is a controller. So im wondering before i buy it, will an xbox controller work for PCX2? Or should i get another controller? Thanks.
xbox1 or xbox360? For the latter I can confirm myself it works fine since I use one too. In general, any pad that is identified and works in Windows will work with PCSX2 (considering lilypad as input plugin)
yea im also using a xbox360 controller works real well, personally i find them far more comfortable than PS controllers, just my 2 cents
Cool, thanks. And i did mean a 360 controller btw. Also, playstation controllers can be hooked up to a computer? Never looked at a ps3, but i know a 360 is like usb or something because i hear people on the l4d2 forums using em.
Playstation controllers need converters to be connected on PC. 360 is the usual USB so it's basically plug and play
Unless if it's a PS3 controller, in which it connects through a USB connector.

Anyway, just use the 360 controller; it just works. *readies apple fanbois repellant*
(04-15-2010, 08:28 PM)k1net1cs Wrote: [ -> ]Unless if it's a PS3 controller, in which it connects through a USB connector.

So the ps3 controller would work? i would rather get that one if it works for pcsx2. Any one know if it does or doesn't before i decide to buy it?
'Would work' as in buttons-wise, but not necessarily rumble support; well, not directly anyway.

Try searching up the forum with the keywords 'ps3 controller libusb'; might net you some interesting info on setting up the PS3 controller to work fine with PCSX2.

This is not to say that 360's rumble support is flawless anyway; it just works most of the time, and doesn't when it's not (well d-uh).
In the end, it's more of everyone's personal preferences, though; lazy people like me should just stick to the 360 controller. Tongue2
From the looks of it, it takes too many steps to set up the ps3 controller, even if it works. Also a PS3 controller is a little more expensive than an Xbox Controller. I think ill get an Xbox controller then.