..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: problem with states
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI! firstly thankyou for Your work!!! that's an amazing program!

I am writing this post because I have a problem: when I play finalfantasy XII the program works fine, but if I want save a state (file->states->save->slot 0) and then load slot 0, it crashes saying "Error: Savestate data is corrupted or incomplete
Filename: Tag: mtgs".
There is the write of gamerunning:
Code:
Saving state to:  Memory
        Saving GS
Closing plugins...
MTGS > Closing GS thread...
* CDVD: IO thread finished.
Plugins closed successfully.
Saving state to:  sstates\C1274668.000
        Saving SPU2
        Saving DEV9
        Saving USB
        Saving PAD1
        Saving PAD2
State saved to slot 0
Loading state from:  sstates\C1274668.000
Bios Version 1.60
Opening Plugins...
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0x0
* CDVD: Opening drive '\\.\F:'...
* CDVD: Disk Type: Double-Layer DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * * Track 1: Data (Mode 2) (1966528 sectors)
CDVD: IO thread started...
Plugins opened successfully.
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
Encountered an error while loading savestate from slot 0.
Since the savestate load was incomplete, the emulator has been reset.

Error: Savestate data is corrupted or incomplete
        Filename: Tag: mtgs

I am using the last beta program and plugin. I have updated both Directx and Visual C++ Redist package. I am using windows 7 32bit on a dualcore 2.0 gigah, with geforce 8600m gt. I don't know if with other games the program crashes because I have only finalfantasy XII.
Anyone can help me?? or has the same error??
thanks

note: I tried to use 0.9.6 with same plugins of beta and if I use "cdvdGigaherz (r2361) 0.8.0", the game doesn't start, but if I use "P.E.Op.S (CDDA mod) 1.3.0" the game starts and savestate works.
Use the hotkeys. F1 to save, F2 to change slot, F3 to load
thankyou very much!! now it works!
Just another question: how can I see log messages while I'm playing?? For example, If I press f2, I would see on screen "selected savestate slot 1".
In the lilypad plugin there is an option to show the current slot number in the titlebar.

Edit Spelling
You can't. But if you play on windowed, you can enable a hack in the Lilypad plugin to display the slot number you currently have selected in the GS window title bar
Edit: ninja'd Sad
ok, thankyou very much agan!! Laugh

ps: why "edit spelling"?? I am italian and If I did language mistakes please, excuseme..
GamerGeek was probably referring to himself and not you; could be because he edited his own post to correct a spelling or two. Wink
That is why Smile
ok Smile