..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: emotion engine vs single core cpu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(04-23-2010, 12:13 PM)Game Wrote: [ -> ]You can read here just how complicated PS2 is.
http://users.ece.gatech.edu/lanterma/mpg...ec_ps2.pdf

Cool, thanks for sharing.
(04-23-2010, 09:46 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: [ -> ]Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. x86 architecture is apostate in world of CPU's, it's considered as WEAK, energy consuming and multipurpose (yes, it's a penalty) solution. It's rather cheap for multipurpose. Note that share of x86 cpu's is minor on whole CPU's market. So modern game developers are migrated into consoles. And, compare nouvelle PS3 games with PC's -- PC's graphics are outdated. It's not strange, 7 PowerPC SIMD co-processors could do more calculation (very specific) that every intell CPU now.

You're absolutely right on everything you said about x86 but...

"And, compare nouvelle PS3 games with PC's -- PC's graphics are outdated" LOLWUT?!?
(04-24-2010, 12:52 AM)Caparroz Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2010, 09:46 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: [ -> ]Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. x86 architecture is apostate in world of CPU's, it's considered as WEAK, energy consuming and multipurpose (yes, it's a penalty) solution. It's rather cheap for multipurpose. Note that share of x86 cpu's is minor on whole CPU's market. So modern game developers are migrated into consoles. And, compare nouvelle PS3 games with PC's -- PC's graphics are outdated. It's not strange, 7 PowerPC SIMD co-processors could do more calculation (very specific) that every intell CPU now.

You're absolutely right on everything you said about x86 but...

"And, compare nouvelle PS3 games with PC's -- PC's graphics are outdated" LOLWUT?!?

indeed, its said the new crysis 2 is "superior" on pc compared to the ps3/360, so i dont buy the pc as being inferior Tongue
I don't think console grafics is superior.I meant by that that you can construct PC from best parts but console remains the same.And what technological changes will be in future !?
Right now Crysis 2 screens and video does not look very advanced for me.
(04-24-2010, 02:54 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]indeed, its said the new crysis 2 is "superior" on pc compared to the ps3/360, so i dont buy the pc as being inferior Tongue

... sure, if you have an overclocked i7-930 and a GTX-480, or something (a mere $800 or so!). heh.
(04-24-2010, 11:32 PM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]... sure, if you have an overclocked i7-930 and a GTX-480, or something (a mere $800 or so!). heh.

If some can get those things then why not? And it's fun to overclock them too Smile
The point is that we are then comparing a $250 (or less) machine to a $1200 (or more) machine (including mobo, ram, and dvd), and then somehow feeling accomplished that it matches (and possibly exceeds) the $250 machine's performance?
(04-26-2010, 01:22 AM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]The point is that we are then comparing a $250 (or less) machine to a $1200 (or more) machine (including mobo, ram, and dvd), and then somehow feeling accomplished that it matches (and possibly exceeds) the $250 machine's performance?

Possibly exceeds? I would have though you of all people would be able to see by now that is goes far beyond possibly exceeding.
(04-22-2010, 10:48 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Totally different actually. It's totally different from dual cores etc if that makes you feel better Tongue The whole x86 architecture.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Why-is-PCSX2-slow

so its not just a multi core processor?
Pages: 1 2 3 4