..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Speed Problem,,,,Some Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi, I recently bought a Acer Aspire 4740 and trying to play WWE Smackdown! vs Raw 2010. It is playable but I only get 25-30 fps. I tried all the speed hacks on. I tried all the speed hacks off. But surprisingly found that the fps remains the same!!
My question is:
Is there any way to get 55-60 fps in game??
What is the purpose of "Speed Hacks"??
Core i5, DDR3 Ram and Intel Graphics HD is not enough to get 55-60 fps??
Thanks.
Intel graphics aren't sufficient I'm afraid. Sad Unfortunately I don't think you can upgrade. The cpu is only a little short of the recommendation ( around 3.0 dual core).
if he has a free pcie port, he could add a GPU, though.
what about GTA LCS?? anyone reply please?? It's really slow 18-26 fps in my Laptop!! what about yours??
I don't have this game, but you gpu will be a serious bottleneck anyways.
Laptops aren't made for pcsx2, most of the time.
if you have some 2D games, you can try them, though.
actually I wanted to say that the speed of fps does not vary whether i'm using the speed hack or not. so what is the purpose of the speed hack?? or is it because of my laptop there is no variation in fps?? I agree that Intel GPU is not enough but still I got 30-35fps. it's half of the normal fps i guess!
Some speedhacks don't do anything for certain games. Sometimes it takes a game from 10FPS -> 60FPS, sometimes it crashes out immediately. Sometimes they cause very strange graphical and gameplay bugs.

This is not one of those times Tongue If cranking them up doesn't do anything, you're probably so bound by GPU crappiness they just don't matter.
How does Software mode work for you? (This is a setting in Config->Graphics) You might wanna be keeping that laptop cool by some means, especially for extended gameplay IMO.

BTW Speedhacks MIGHT increase FPS. It may also display a false FPS if you use too many Speedhacks. Beware.
(05-06-2010, 01:49 AM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]How does Software mode work for you? (This is a setting in Config->Graphics) You might wanna be keeping that laptop cool by some means, especially for extended gameplay IMO.

BTW Speedhacks MIGHT increase FPS. It may also display a false FPS if you use too many Speedhacks. Beware.

Agreed Rezard 'cuz it happens to me ALOT just try different hacks one at a time.That MIGHT solve your problemTongue
And Software mode I think that only slows the game down on my sloppy PC.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Intel Celeron D 3.2ghz,-->this my problem of slow emulation Sad
XFX Radeon 4650,
3gb DDR2 Ram
Since software mode utilizes the CPU, not the GPU, I thought it may be possible for Mohin420's PC to achieve higher speeds, as his GPU is out-classed by his CPU. If not in this game, it may work on another for him.

@ Mohin420: Woah, hold on a sec. Are you sure your Acer Aspire 4740 has a Core i5? Or is it a Core i3 330M 2.13Ghz?
Pages: 1 2 3 4