..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Wow found a massive speedup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so i have a decent computer but my specs are not completely great, im 4 gig ram, E220 dual processor 2.4 ghz and i have a intel GMA X4500 instead of graphics card which is horrible

so i try to run disgaea and it runs great cause its low requirements but still only runs at 45 fps.
so i go into graphics options and changed the d3d resolution to 640x420, and now it is playing at full speed and even faster.

And the change in resolution isnt even noticable to me it looks the same and it massively speeded me up.
thats because the default res that pcsx2 uses at the first time you run it is 1024x1024 so using a lower one speeds things up if your gpu cant handle the initial one.

something for the devs: as you know most ppl dont change the settings before they ask help in the forums or before trying a game cause they dont know what each thing does, so why dont you put a default of native ps2 resolution? so at least most will be able to play the game and if they want better image quality they can raise it later.
The internal resolution only works for 3D images so it wont do much good on a 2D game like disgaea.
even 2d games have something to render and if he got a speedup by lowering it this proves it!
Thats good to know, thanks! I'll have to try it for games like god of war
(05-19-2010, 05:15 AM)nate1232 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats good to know, thanks! I'll have to try it for games like god of war

well if u dont have a strong gpu then u should use native resolution. or the max it can handle without going below the max fps
Yeah typically the backgrounds are the only 3d rendered in those games, but if you dont have fast CPU or GPU you'll definitely get a speed boost if you lower the internal resolution.
Yea I've found that the native option really makes a huge difference