..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX messed up FMVs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
PC: In signature

So my problem is: All FMVs are more or less messed up in Final Fantasy X. There are 2 variations of this. In the first it flickers on the right side like crazy, but the second is more major. The whole screen flickers with the latest "normally" rendered image. I do not use ANY speed hacks because it runs full speed without. Graphical settings also do not affect the problem. I use r1888 with latest Plugins. But I also tried the 0.9.6 package from the mainpage but the error is still there. Any way to fix it?
Try with the Software renderer in GSdx (F9 while playing).
Yep, works with Software, but of course is slow and looks crappy Tongue Any other way or do I have to live with it?
UH... well you just need to use software while the FMV is playing, you can switch to hardware after (again by pressing F9).
Sorry to dig this thread out again, but I have major problems with the suggested solution.

More often than not, the game freezes or the emulator doesn't change the render method at all, if I press F9. FMVs are still messed up with hardware mode. Is this a common and unfixable problem? Any other way to fix the FMVs?
Then press the "esc" key to return to the PCSX2 GUI and change the Renderer in GSdx manually, then you can return to the game with "run > execute".
So it's me again...

In 3113 there is a fix that SHOULD fix the FMV problem in FFX, but for me it only works very partially. It only works if I stop emulation, enable the fix and resume. The next FMV that comes then, is screwed up again...Any hints?
use again software renderer as shadow lady said
The FFX movies fix is for a different problem, just press F9 while playing it should work very nice in the 0.9.7 beta.
Nope, F9 still causes garbage, hangs and so on.
And even Software mode does not help now, error is different too:

[Image: bewker58k8zz.png]
Software Mode, normal FMV, just grey garbage covering large portion of the screen

[Image: uhaxk9erx4ex.png]
Hardware, flickers with the last rendered scene
Pages: 1 2