..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Suikoden tactics hangs up after selecting new game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Precisely it's the opening book sequence. I tried everything I can think of and I can't get it to work.
No PC specs, no PCSX2 version, no plugins used, no settings ----> no help.
I am not asking if it works on my version but how can I make it work period, any version/any settings.

Search says that this is a known issue that can only be fixed by a patch. So plugins/settings are irrelevant. Anyway, thank you to those who have uncovered it and gave advice about the issue in the past. Their advice helped me overcome it.

Funny thing is that it's you. So your above post baffles me.

Here is how I fixed it : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Need-a-sa...en+tactics

Quote:gametitle=Suikoden Tactic
comment=Skips Video (sceMpegIsEnd)
//Skip Videos
patch=0,EE,003722f0,word,24020001

(12-21-2009, 09:49 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Copy/paste that stuff (from game title until 24020001) in notepad. Then File->Save as: 1CC39DBD.pnach or 3E205556.pnach, making sure it's not set to .txt (depending on what CRC your game is, you can see that by enabling console in PCSX2 and checking it at the title bar).
Save that file in the patches folder of PCSX2

I used the ICC39BD.pnach with PCSX2 0.96 The 0.97 revisions does not work with the patches apparently.
In your first post you said you can't get it to work. You didn't say what happened, if it crashed, freezed or anything else. You didn't give any other info, so obviously no one, including me, could help you. If we don't identify the problem and check your settings, how is anyone supposed to guess a solution?
You not understanding this baffles me.
(05-23-2010, 07:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]In your first post you said you can't get it to work. You didn't say what happened, if it crashed, freezed or anything else. You didn't give any other info, so obviously no one, including me, could help you. If we don't identify the problem and check your settings, how is anyone supposed to guess a solution?
You not understanding this baffles me.

I wrote in my title that it hangs up= freezes and I say in my opening post that when the book opens which is the exact known issue. So I identified the problem. Any person who was aware of the freezing at the book opening and how it can only be fixed by a patch could help me since I did provide enough information.

As for settings, I was not kidding when I said I tried everything, including different plugins and versions of the emulator and software mode and setting the VU at extra clumbing or even selecting super legacy VU mode as well native resolution, the Zero plugins. Everything. And apparently I could be trying all day and night and it was unfixable other than with a patch.

So you misunderstood the title and the OP and didn't understand what I described as the problems. (And I did describe the problem). It's only a mistake I don't have a problem with that. I originally thought that you did understand what I clearly said but you were simply unwilling to help for some reason. (Which is a lot worse than what actually happened.)

Is there any way that I can make the patch to work in the 9.7 version ? It does have an enable patch and it is in the right folder but it does not work. Also I am unable to configure the patch. I guess there is nothing I can do about it and it is not an official version and it is probably lacking the feature. Oh well, it doesn't matter.
(05-23-2010, 07:53 PM)warr12 Wrote: [ -> ]I wrote in my title that it hangs up= freezes and I say in my opening post that when the book opens which is the exact known issue. So I identified the problem. Any person who was aware of the freezing at the book opening and how it can only be fixed by a patch could help me since I did provide enough information.

As for settings, I was not kidding when I said I tried everything, including different plugins and versions of the emulator and software mode and setting the VU at extra clumbing or even selecting super legacy VU mode as well native resolution, the Zero plugins. Everything. And apparently I could be trying all day and night and it was unfixable other than with a patch.

So you misunderstood the title and the OP and didn't understand what I described as the problems. (And I did describe the problem). It's only a mistake I don't have a problem with that. I orignally thought that you did understand what I clearly said but you wear simply unwilling to help for some reason.

Oh I missed the title, since I always assume such important information would also be in the post itself.
Still, you can't expect me (or anyone else) to remember each and every issue in all existing games to find the solution instantly. As you see I had solved this particular issue before but I really didn't remember anything about it. If you posted that a video froze (since I can't know if 'when the book opens' is a video or not) I might have remembered it.
I wouldn't reply if I didn't have the intention to help.
(05-23-2010, 07:58 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2010, 07:53 PM)warr12 Wrote: [ -> ]I wrote in my title that it hangs up= freezes and I say in my opening post that when the book opens which is the exact known issue. So I identified the problem. Any person who was aware of the freezing at the book opening and how it can only be fixed by a patch could help me since I did provide enough information.

So you misunderstood the title and the OP and didn't understand what I described as the problems. (And I did describe the problem). It's only a mistake I don't have a problem with that. I orignally thought that you did understand what I clearly said but you wear simply unwilling to help for some reason.

Oh I missed the title, since I always assume such important information would also be in the post itself.
Still, you can't expect me (or anyone else) to remember each and every issue in all existing games to find the solution instantly. As you see I had solved this particular issue before but I really didn't remember anything about it. If you posted that a video froze (since I can't know if 'when the book opens' is a video or not) I might have remembered it.
I wouldn't reply if I didn't have the intention to help.

It's all fine. Just to clarify, I didn't say that it was a video when it froze because I don't really know if such sequence is a long video or simply an animation or something, because it instantly froze just when the book was opening after I selected New Game. After I selected New game there was a book opening and it froze. Too few seconds for me to be able to tell if it was a video or not, and maybe that kind of knowledge is too sophisticated for me to be able to tell just by that if it is a video sequence. If I knew, it would help to tell, you are right.