..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3: FES won't launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(05-30-2010, 09:22 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]correction : slow cpu FOR PCSX2

PCSX2 requires a lot of CPU power

But the type I have is in the Recommended section for the hardware listings
yeah, it's a bit outdated.
with your rig, some games will run full speed, some won't.
the real recommended cpu to get full speedon most games would be more a dual core @3.6 ghz
(05-30-2010, 09:20 PM)Matthew_rs7 Wrote: [ -> ]Slow CPU?

AMD Athlon X2 7550 Dual core, 64-bit @2.51 socket AM2+

Windows 7 gave it a 6.0, I don't understand how you say it's a slow CPU

I said somewhat slow CPU not just slow Tongue, if it was Athlon II x2 it would be much better.
If you mean windows 7's windows experience score gave it a 6.0 you shouldn't rely much on that... my old pentium dual-core E2160 1.8GHz gave me 6.2 on that score and it's definitely not better than Athlon X2 2.5GHz.
(05-30-2010, 10:14 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2010, 09:20 PM)Matthew_rs7 Wrote: [ -> ]Slow CPU?

AMD Athlon X2 7550 Dual core, 64-bit @2.51 socket AM2+

Windows 7 gave it a 6.0, I don't understand how you say it's a slow CPU

I said somewhat slow CPU not just slow Tongue, if it was Athlon II x2 it would be much better.
If you mean windows 7's windows experience score gave it a 6.0 you shouldn't rely much on that... my old pentium dual-core E2160 1.8GHz gave me 6.2 on that score and it's definitely not better than Athlon X2 2.5GHz.

ohh, I thought mine was an X2 (I thought X2 meant Dual Core, and X4 meant Quad Core)

I guess when I have the money, I will have to upgrade to an AMD Phenom X4 2.8 or something
er....
Actually, it is a dual core, I think.
Yes x2 means dual core, Athlon x2 and Athlon II x2 however are different (Phenom/Athlon II being much better). And if you mean how I mentioned my "Pentium Dual-Core" that's actually the name of the CPU (based on core 2 duo tho) Tongue

If you're gonna upgrade try to make it to the Athlon II or Phenom II cpus, upgrading from Athlon x2 to Phenom x2 with 300mhz extra is a very small speedup considering the money you'll use.
To clarify AMD's messup here:
There is a "Athlon X2" line of cpus, and a "Athlon II X2" line.

Confusing, eh? Tongue
i'm currently playing through persona 3 without any real problems on pcsx2 0.9.7 with an un-overclocked c2d e6750 @2.66GHz
it generally runs fine with that but there are some places where persona 3 will slow down to 45 fps (usually during battles with 4 party members and 4-5 enemies), i'm guessing that persona 4 will do the same
Hi my plugins wont load for some reason when playiing persona 3, even when i run as administrator in windows seven can anyone help.
More AMD's mess:
The AMD Athlon X2 7550 and the other Kuma chips are actually different from and better than the normal Athlon x2(clock for clock). It is closer to the Phenom one side.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5