..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tales of Legendia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
@ naoan : have a warning for flaming

@killing menis : you won't receive a warning this time, but please try to learn before spreading false informations. I can understand why you are getting on noan's nerves. Since he's far more experienced than you when it comes to pcsx2, it gets annoying when he has to correct people like you.

please read, learn, and everything will be fine
ok i guess i am getting to far over this i understand but i am no dummie when i use PCSX2 thats one you should understand.

not all of these are false i been using PCSX2 for a long time i struggle when i firsst used this
(01-23-2012, 02:19 PM)Killing Menis Wrote: [ -> ]ok i guess i am getting to far over this i understand but i am no dummie when i use PCSX2 thats one you should understand.

unitil now, you posted many boastful dummy's comments.
If you don't want to be considered as a dummy, just prove you're not one...
(01-23-2012, 01:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]@ naoan : have a warning for flaming

Sorry for that man.

@killing menis
whatever
I want to help a bit with Legendia. It works fine on my laptop (asus G53SW-SZ114V), except for ghosting in certain areas (mostly in very bright places such as the First Area of Mirage Palace) and the Invisible Bantam Bouncers at the beginning of the game.

I'm using r5037 and this is my config:

GSDX: Direct3D11 (Hardware), 2x resolution, Texture filtering and Allow 8-bit textures ticked, Skipdraw 1

SPU2-X: Interpolation: Catmull, Module: XAudio 2, Synch mode: Timestretch, Audio Expansion: Stereo

Speedhacks: EE Cyclerate: 1, VU Cycle Stealing: 0, INTC Spin Detection and Wait Loop Detection enabled, mVU Flag Hack and MTVU enabled.

The Remaining options are untouched.

I'm getting 60 FPS at all times, no slowdowns whatsoever, with EE usually around 50-55% and GS around 15-20% while exploring, and between 45-50% in battle.

ZeroGman, try to update your PSCX2 Version to the latest release (SVN r5082) and tell us if you get better results.
^If it's not a big difference on your laptop display, you can use native to fix the "ghosting" too;P, or try offset hack, it can fix such things caused by upscalling, through sometimes break other stuff.
(01-24-2012, 10:14 PM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]^If it's not a big difference on your laptop display, you can use native to fix the "ghosting" too

Trust me, between Native and 2x the difference is massive, or at least it is in Legendia (if i compare Legendia with Abyss, the difference between Native or 2x in Abyss is not even close to the difference i notice in Legendia). I know that ghosting can be fixed by playing in Native Resolution, but it occurs so seldom that i don't even bother too much.
That counts much for all games except maybe those that need even higher res to start looking better(like Valkyrie Profile 2) and those 2D ones, and as I just tried that game first time in pcsx2(with no motivation to replay through;P) actually this game does have loads of 2D stuff and at least while using FXAA it doesn't look any better, except maybe for the zoom-in during the fights.

Anyway I was just pointing it out couse I'm not reading your mind to "know that you know", and while you post some info to any forum, it'll most likely be used by more people sooner or later, soo giving a full info is nice. You could still test ghosting with offset hack if you have save anywhere near it happens couse it was designed with such problems in mind and while I tried it doesn't seem to break anything else in game at least it looks like that in the beginning, soo it's promising.

Going back to upscaling offtop, some games actually loose alot with sharpness;P depends on a taste most likely, but try Xenosaga 1 with high upscaling. Normally low res masks the simple graphic and completely plain and boring locations in it, upscaled, sure is sharp, but awfully "empty" in the same time, hopefully that one worked better in software for me, soo I was forced to notice that. Some also prefer native for nostalgic reasons, if anyone like that reads it at least he'll at least know he can play the game pretty much glitchless with what you posted, skipdraw set as 1, couse the rest doesn't really "fix anything" and knowing people somebody sooner or later will set everything exactly as you posted thinking it's uber important on his pc O.o, not sure what this skipdraw fix either, couse in the beginning, nothing was broken w/o it.
Actually, i used skipdraw to fix the "blurring" that ocurred during varius spells in FFX, and i left it like that since that time (even though i was using an older revision at the time... Something like r4975 or older, IIRC). And now i'm changing SVN every 10-15 revs and setting always the same config, because it works perfectly most of the time (i just tinker with the internal resolution).

I know that someone will try to use my config, but i specified my laptop model and my PCSX2 revision, so i think that a person that read the various guides here in the forum (The Config Guide, the "Will PCSX2 run on my PC", ecc...) will know that my config may not work on their system. I posted it mainly to help ZeroGman, since his system looks "similar" to mine, so i thought "Maybe if he tries a new revision and starting from my PCSX2 config he tinkers around he may be able to play the game"

To close the upscaling offtopic, in my case (a 1920x1080 Display) I usually play with PCSX2 in Windowed Mode (1024x896 [but i may change it if the native res of the game is higher like Mana Khemia 2]) and 2x Res, because otherwise the Window (IIRC the "out of the box" Window Res is 640x480) is too little. So, having a bigger window, a better resolution surely helps.

P.S.: I do not even remember if i ever asked you users to forgive me if my english is not perfect (i'm from Italy, but i've studied it since i was 8 years old) =/
Ah soo skipdraw wasn't for this game at all;P. Well at least it's clear now.

Well I use upscalling usually hoewer high through with my weak hd5670 that usually means x2 xD +FXAA which looks usually very nice, but I don't mind blur of FXAA in native if the game have some glitches above;3 ie. gust games, or if "ghosting" happens on chars, through I guess I'm already able to write a skipdraw crc hack to delete ghosting, but I actually like those glow effect they originaly gave:], made myself a custom gsdx for BT3 just to actually restore those previously deleted effects with a bit of hacky way to fix it within upscaling couse other than that officially deleted ghosting the game upscales really nice, looks better that it's ps3 continuation;P at least by my taste couse that ps3 one got glassy/plastic shaders over chars which I just can't bear to watch=_=;.

Oh and a hint for you, if you just double/triple the native use multiplier instead of typing in custom(I just feels like you do that by reading your above post, if I'm wrong ignore that;P), some stuff, like offset hack, doesn't really work in custom internal res. IE. if you tried offset hack to fix the ghosting with custom res it's likely to have no effect at all. It's at times also a bit less glitchy to begin with.(through there are always some games, like some fighting ones, which custom res of strange propotions can look nicer;P)

Your english is perfect enough for any international forumTongue, probably better than uk/us kids usually use, so no need to be ashamed of it.:]

*slaps himself just before pressing "post reply" for yet another offtop post*
Pages: 1 2 3