..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Guitar Hero...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, I got the 0.97 beta of PCSX2 installed and found Guitar Hero 2 to have much better performance. I noticed that I get >60 fps in menus, but gameplay alternates between 30-40 fps (reaaaaally slow) and >45 fps (very playable). I haven't really played with the plugins and settings for PCSX2 yet but was wondering if there were any specific recommendations for settings. Also, do later versions (World Tour, Metallica, etc) run faster than GH2?

Here are my specs if that is useful:
E8400 not oc'd
4GB RAM, EP43-DS3L mobo, HD4850, Windows 7 x64.

Any optimization tips are greatly appreciated, thanks!
what's you cpu clockspeed ?
(06-12-2010, 10:52 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]what's you cpu clockspeed ?

It isn't overclocked so the factory set 3.00 GHz...
Cant tell you for GH games but i can confirm that rock band games work alot better than GH2 for example
Haha I guess I'd better dig up my RB disc... Pretty sure its somewhere in my basement.
What settings/plugins did you use in PCSX2?
Try speed hacks to make it faster Smile

I tried GH:Metallica and couldn't get more than 50fps. also it has some graphical issues.
@bob
i use native res. in GSdx,DX10 mode,speedhacks on,SPU2-X with async mix turned on
And yea,RB1 only runs with linuz iso plugin,so you will have to make a iso with some app like ImgBurn
(06-13-2010, 01:05 AM)Sh0m1 Wrote: [ -> ]@bob
i use native res. in GSdx,DX10 mode,speedhacks on,SPU2-X with async mix turned on
And yea,RB1 only runs with linuz iso plugin,so you will have to make a iso with some app like ImgBurn

Ok those are pretty much my settings. How did you get the guitar controller to work? I'm struggling with lilypad right now...
Just select guitar instead of dualshock 2 controler in lillypad and configure buttons
i use keyboard
Hmm I tried that and everything seems to work on my X-plorer except forward (green fret)... So I can't get past any menus... Needing some serious help here!
Pages: 1 2