..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Slow Speeds in Tekken 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
urgent help needed...
I can play Tekken 5 but the speed is somewhat slow...please suggest me what I should do
my config:
intel p8700 2.53Ghz
64-bit
Ati 4570 512 MB
maybe overclocking your CPU, use some speedhacks 1 by 1, use latest pcsx2 beta, settings gsdx internal res to native.

Your cpu's a bit weak for this VERY demanding game.
I think overclocking a CPU to get benefits from this emu is kind of an overkill. Aren`t the gains really thin?
No... gains from overclock do scale pretty well as soon as the CPU is the bottleneck. The problem is I don't think that CPU can be overclocked, at least not safely.

Try the "VU cycle stealing" speedhack set to Moderate, should give a big boost but the game wont be smooth anymore.
(06-14-2010, 01:37 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]No... gains from overclock do scale pretty well as soon as the CPU is the bottleneck. The problem is I don't think that CPU can be overclocked, at least not safely.

Try the "VU cycle stealing" speedhack set to Moderate, should give a big boost but the game wont be smooth anymore.

You mean his CPU or you mean CPU in general? lol

What is the gain you had in your case, by ocing?
In this game? Didn't really check, however according to this thread:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

39.69 FPS - SLUS 20672 - Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 - 2.7 GHz Stock - Shadow Lady
54.89 FPS - SLUS 20672 - Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 - 3.6 GHz OC - Shadow Lady
59.70 FPS - SLUS 20672 - Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 - 4.0 GHz OC - Shadow Lady

So ~35% speed increase for 33% overclock and ~50% increase for 48% OC :P
(06-14-2010, 02:24 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]In this game? Didn't really check, however according to this thread:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

39.69 FPS - SLUS 20672 - Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 - 2.7 GHz Stock - Shadow Lady
54.89 FPS - SLUS 20672 - Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 - 3.6 GHz OC - Shadow Lady
59.70 FPS - SLUS 20672 - Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 - 4.0 GHz OC - Shadow Lady

So ~35% speed increase for 33% overclock and ~50% increase for 48% OC Tongue

Nice, but has it been with the latest versions? I just manage to freaking get fullspeed, smooth as hell with my stock rig. I just tested , and hell, what a big surprise. I used all speed hacks wich have checker boxes plus the slider ones goes as follows: EE cyclerate 2 , VU stealing 1 (2 and 3 kills it completely). Tested in 4 scenarios and got otherworldly fullspeed.

One word for this emulator: amazing!!!
The max FPS on tekken 5 is 50 correct? Also iI have another newbie question: What does that EE percentage mean? GS i assume its the graphics usage??
(06-14-2010, 03:16 AM)noia Wrote: [ -> ]The max FPS on tekken 5 is 50 correct?

Depends, if it's a PAL version yes, if it's NTSC then the FPS should be 60.

Quote:What does that EE percentage mean? GS i assume its the graphics usage??

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-What-do-t...nd-GS-mean
Yes I have the PAL one,

correcting: it goes fullspeed in like 50% of the scenarios, others slow down a bit but it`s almost perfect.

Thanks for the link , Lady
Pages: 1 2