..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Settings for Soul Calibur 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a small guide by me on how to gain more fps on Soul Calibur 2 with pcsx2 0.9.7 BETA.

First go to emulation settings and make sure that clamping modes are set to none.

Then go to speedhacks and tick these boxes:

Enable INTC Spin Detection
Enable Wait Loop Detection
IOP x2 Cycle Rate Hack
mVU Flag Hack

Then go to "EE Cyclerate" which is in the same tab and drag it to 2.

Then go to "VU Cycle Stealing" which is in the same tab and drag it to 1.

Then go to Plugin/BIOS selector and configure GSdx, its usually the first one and tick the "Native" box.

I had 20 fps in this game without these settings, but with these, i rose up to 35-40.

KNOWN SIDE EFFECTS:

1. Awkward positioning of the characters head and hair, but the body has full visibility so you can still see the enemys attacks.

If there are more side-effects let me know.

Fixes: To stop the shaking, keep pressing F5 while in a battle until it stops.

My pc specs:

Dual core 2.8 GHz
NVIDIA 9600 GT

I hope i helped! Smile
It might be usefull to add your specs.
Also using a lot of speedhacks can cause graphic issues or break the game.
Its running fine for me, it was a huge fps boost with almost no side-effects, for me at least.
Setting clamps to none will make some stages where you fall and re-appear next round become bugged to the point of needing to stop the fight.

Quote:KNOWN SIDE EFFECTS:
1. Awkward positioning of the characters head and hair, but the body has full visibility so you can still see the enemys attacks.

Well that's a bit too huge for good settings Tongue2
Bump for people that need these settings.

@ Shadow Lady: It only happens in battles, in the char select screen and etc is fine (for me).
You dont really need to bump it. Teach them how to search Wink
Thanks for the specifications my game is running a lot faster now!Biggrin
Please dont resurrect old threads, especially for pointless reasons.