..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ffx12/memcard problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the beta 0.9.7(r3113) and for the most part it plays ffx12 perfectly but whenever i go into the equipment menu my fps slow down to 30fps and when i disable framelimiting it brings my fps to 50. so it seem that its limiting my fps to 30. i try playing around in the gs page but i didn't get anywhere. i don't know if this has anything to do with it but my computer it gpu limited in the equipment menu so the gpu isnt powerful enough.

second problem i was testing ffx12 with both r1118 and r3113 so i coped the memcards from r1118 to r3113 and now i get the "Failed loading Memorycard" for r1118 but r3113 runs fine and i tried coping them from r3113 to r1118 and i still get the error and i also tried running it as admin but it didn't work.
about your slowness : disable 8 bit textures.
it should help

about memcards : try to see if your memcard is readable when booting on bios
What settings? If you have Vsync enabled in either the emulator or the graphic card's control panel try disabling it.
(06-17-2010, 07:58 PM)antespo Wrote: [ -> ]I am using the beta 0.9.7(r3113) and for the most part it plays ffx12 perfectly but whenever i go into the equipment menu my fps slow down to 30fps and when i disable framelimiting it brings my fps to 50. so it seem that its limiting my fps to 30. i try playing around in the gs page but i didn't get anywhere. i don't know if this has anything to do with it but my computer it gpu limited in the equipment menu so the gpu isnt powerful enough.

second problem i was testing ffx12 with both r1118 and r3113 so i coped the memcards from r1118 to r3113 and now i get the "Failed loading Memorycard" for r1118 but r3113 runs fine and i tried coping them from r3113 to r1118 and i still get the error and i also tried running it as admin but it didn't work.

To the first, try native resolution and toy with the speed hacks (that game works fine with them).

To the second, I can think only the new folders structure still confounds people. Navigate from the "Config" tab ==> "Plugins/BIOS selector" and confirm the several 'paths' there are what you want (use defaults or force your choice, but stick with it). the same for the memory cards path you access from... memory cards...

PS: You could just enjoy that new approach to just point the .9.7 memcards to the .9.6 memcards folder... no need to copy them anymore.

I use subfolders structure with the "game's name" folder inside the actual working memcards folder and just change the path when playing different games. Yes, it means having Mcd001 and 2 in each one, this works very well.
(06-17-2010, 08:26 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]about your slowness : disable 8 bit textures.
it should help

about memcards : try to see if your memcard is readable when booting on bios

fixed slowest in the menu thank you very muchBiggrin and sorry to ask a question with such a simple answer i should of tried that before even posting.

(06-17-2010, 08:35 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2010, 07:58 PM)antespo Wrote: [ -> ]I am using the beta 0.9.7(r3113) and for the most part it plays ffx12 perfectly but whenever i go into the equipment menu my fps slow down to 30fps and when i disable framelimiting it brings my fps to 50. so it seem that its limiting my fps to 30. i try playing around in the gs page but i didn't get anywhere. i don't know if this has anything to do with it but my computer it gpu limited in the equipment menu so the gpu isnt powerful enough.

To the first, try native resolution and toy with the speed hacks (that game works fine with them).

To the second, I can think only the new folders structure still confounds people. Navigate from the "Config" tab ==> "Plugins/BIOS selector" and confirm the several 'paths' there are what you want (use defaults or force your choice, but stick with it). the same for the memory cards path you access from... memory cards...

PS: You could just enjoy that new approach to just point the .9.7 memcards to the .9.6 memcards folder... no need to copy them anymore.

I use subfolders structure with the "game's name" folder inside the actual working memcards folder and just change the path when playing different games. Yes, it means having Mcd001 and 2 in each one, this works very well.

the point was to play it in full res on my computer and speed hacks wouldn't do anything it was gpu limited. i tried some speed hacks and they didn't do anything and neither did overclocking to cpu but when i overclocked the gpu the fps increased.

but you need fix my memcard problem i just linked them to the same path. i was trying to do that before i just didn't know how lol so thanks for showing me how.

Edit: the framelimiter seems not to work right i am getting 80 fps with it disabled but enabled it drops to 40 and jump back and forth between 40 and 60. i also notice that the menu quality is way lower in r3113(the words and little thumbnails) than r1888 both are set to 1920*1080 and only the menu look different the rest of the game looks the same. I don't know about you guys but i just have problems on top of problems with r3113 and it seems to go slower than r1888 and r1888 doesn't have to framelimiting problem.
Then use the old one Tongue Provide screenshots of the GS tab configuration and your GSdx configuration. Menus should not look different provided you use the same GSdx settings in both builds.