..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Growlanser II still not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So it was pretty well established that the Growlanser generation games were buggered in previous releases, but then during the svn builds leading up to 9.7 beta I spotted a "fix" and with 9.7's actual release the compatibility list states it is playable HOWEVER loading from a save, with no speedhacks clamping normal (even max to test) and every other setting I can think of (I went as far as trying on interpreter for a moment with little help) STILL crashes at the end of battles and possibly random battle events too.

(I say possibly because this time I couldn't even get out of the battle prior to your first random one)

Is this known? Any ways around this issue? If not could the list please be corrected to list the game as only ingame?
If i remember correctly, i played the same game last month and had the same problem as you did. I would say it's a bug, and there might not be any way around this issue.
That growlanser game was tested with an earlier build of 0.9.7, maybe the bug came back after the test but apparently it was playable then, tough luck Tongue

Try with the different gamefixes maybe.
Nah, I tried it with the exact svn build that said it had the bugfix AND with the new official.

Anyway, can it at least be changed in status on the compatibility list? Would suck for people to (read the list and then) go out, buy it and find out it doesn't work too late.

[Edit] I also tried it with all the gamefixes to no avail, so unless there is some specific magic combo I need to use here I'm kinda out of ideas [/Edit]
The game'S engine had 2 hangs:
One was in a GIF flag > got fixed.
The other is the randomly stalling FMV > can be fixed by doing suspend / resume until it "unstucks" itself.
(Yes, the "battle over" animation is actually an FMV Tongue2 )
(06-18-2010, 11:10 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]The game'S engine had 2 hangs:
One was in a GIF flag > got fixed.
The other is the randomly stalling FMV > can be fixed by doing suspend / resume until it "unstucks" itself.
(Yes, the "battle over" animation is actually an FMV Tongue2 )

Thankies for the (rather unique) solution!
Hmmmm, one problem I'm still encountering is that the game hangs when saving most of the time. Is there a trick to get around this as well? Or more a matter of savestating the whole game through? (Which I worry is a little risky but if that's how it has to be....)
Didn't get that problem here. Are you using any kinds of speed hacks?
Nope, no speed hacks. I've also read a few other users in posts (on here) who said they had the issue with no resolution, but that was a loooong time ago.

The weird thing about it is that the game saves correctly at first and then at some point after starting a new game (and progressing) saving randomly freezes and from that point onwards all saving will freeze and music will continue to play. (I tried suspend resuming here with no effect)

Ah well, worst case I'll savestate till the end....I just worry I'll encounter a game breaking emulation bug without a memory card save to reload from.
[Edit] Svn 3332 seems to have helped a bit. Random movie sequences still crash and suspend/resume still doesn't help but missions are completeable if I reload states and end them differently. Is the improvement possibly due to all the gif register work I've seen on the latest revisions?[Edit]

Alright not sure if I should start a new thread for this or not but here goes anyway, I finished Growlanser 2 but now Growlanser 3 has not only the same saving issue (which is still present even though I formatted and recreated my memory cards from scratch) but the freezing at the end of battle issue appears far more serious as the suspend resume trick doesn't work if you achieve a mission complete. Only mission failed or mission cleared let you continue. (I've even tried the skip mpeg hack here to no avail)

Any ideas?
Pages: 1 2