..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tales of the Abyss - chrashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've got a problem with Tales of the Abyss. I can play fine and its at good speed. Never had any problems so far...

I just got the Albiore to rescure the remaining villager of st. binah. After a small cutszene with the village mayor theyre going aboard the albiore. At that loading screen ist just stays black and wont return to the game.

pcsx 0.9.7.3113
video plugin: Gsdx 3068 (MSVC 15.00. SSE2) 0.1.16
native resolution, no speedhacks, no game fixes. it still crashes.

Heres the lst part of the console:

Main Setup CosReload FreeListパージ結果 0
setup mapfile name -----> [map/sco_t00e.pkb]
-------------------------------- global work size:[747]
sound_setup_map(670)
SE BANK Slot 2は転送済みです
sdm_stk_slot_entry(3, SE/map_sco.se2)
microVU1: Cached MicroPrograms = [043] [PC=02ba] [List=01] (Cache = 7.101850%)
music fade time frm(120),msec(1999) to vol 96
music fade time frm(120),msec(1999) to vol 127
music MAIN pause <<<<<<<< Loading screen begins
music MAIN pause fin
ADXMSG:E04102501 adxsjd_decode_prep: The data alignment is illegal.(0x0)

i dont know what this error code means so i hope someone can tell me please.

Thanks
Illo
PC specs? PCSX2 settings?
Something similiar happened to me in one of my playtroughs, it happened cause of excesive uses of save states, i had to load a normal save from a memcard to make the game work again.
Can I get a save file of that point please?
I'd like to debug this game a bit more, as it tends to overwrite IOP memory with invalid data a lot.

My game is the NTSC version.
Oh well, it was easier than i thought... a friend of mine told me i should make a new iso of the dvd.. Guess it was just a bad dump... well thanks anyways for help.

@rama cant give u a savefile of that place since im already far ahead. Think it wont get u anywhere anyways, since it wasnt a real bug.
Not too sure about that. These crashes due to memory corruption are quite random.
Have fun with the game anyway Wink