..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Controller on x64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I never thought I'd be starting one of the controller threads but here I am.
I got a hama greystorm,it was running fine until I found out that the right analog stick was pretty messed up!
I downloaded the driver for it but it doesn't support x64 bit windows.
I can't fix it,this how the right analog works:

Up is received as Left
Down is received as Right
Left is received as Up
Right is received as Down

If anyone has experienced this before and/or knows how to solve it please tell me!

Thanks in advance!
Well I having not that any type of experience with me. But one day my friend was saying so and he has been suffered from such a problem. But how he has solved it I don;t know. But I can say that its not plug and play but there is a 64bit driver that ships with the wireless gaming receiver.
(06-29-2010, 07:31 AM)l[Shady]l Wrote: [ -> ]I never thought I'd be starting one of the controller threads but here I am.
I got a hama greystorm,it was running fine until I found out that the right analog stick was pretty messed up!
I downloaded the driver for it but it doesn't support x64 bit windows.
I can't fix it,this how the right analog works:

Up is received as Left
Down is received as Right
Left is received as Up
Right is received as Down

If anyone has experienced this before and/or knows how to solve it please tell me!

Thanks in advance!

If you can't get the correct drivers and the problem is only the directions, try configuring it 'wrongly' Smile With some patience you'll find the way to configure it to respond as expected.
Yeah, I tried recalibrating, but it didn't work.
I'll make a post with the solution for anyone else who's getting the same problem.
This is a solution I found on another forum, I didn't come up with this solution, I only copied it here.

It seems some players do not have their right analog stick not working properly (right/left becomes up/down etc). Actually windows allows directinput gamecontroller to be assigned accordingly, by using the Axis Selection Overrides technique.

Background Info:

First, you need to identify your gamepad "VID-PID code". If you do not know what it is, first look up your gamepad name in the control panel (oh, have you changed it to Logitech DualAction USB? ). Then open the registry and use the find feature to find the gamepad name. When you find one entry, just look at the folder and you should notice your gamepad "VID-PID code". For example, mine is VID_0E8F&PID_0003.

Then you need to know how many axes your gamepad has. If you have two analog stick, you have 4 (like me). If you have a slider, you have 5. Each axis is assigned a number.

Left analog (x-y)
x = 0
y = 1

Right analog (Rz)
z axis = 2
z rotate = 5

So I have 0, 1, 2, 5. Actually, you can check your axis number by looking at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\ VID-PID code \Calibration\

Do you also have 0 1 2 5? Ok. Let's move on to how to exchange 2 and 5.

First, you should close the registry, unplug the gamepad and restart windows.

Now go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\ VID-PID code

Right click on the folder and creat a key called "Axes". Then right click on the "Axes" folder and creat a key called "2". Inside the "2" folder, create a binary value named "Attributes" and set it to: 00 00 00 00 XX 00 YY 00. XX is a two-digit hexadecimal number specifying the HID usage page of the axis that you want to override. YY is a two-digit hexadecimal number specifying the HID usage of the axis.

To make thing simple,

Right analog (Rz)
z axis = 2
usage page = 01
usage = 32

z rotate = 5
usage page = 01
usage = 35

So it should be 00 00 00 00 01 00 35 00 for folder "2" since you want to assign it as z rotate.

Now create another key "5" and this time the "Attributes" should be 00 00 00 00 01 00 32 00

Now close the registry, plug back the gamepad and goto control panel/calibration to confirm the change. Actually, you can go the game and enjoy immediately.

Notes:
1. "2" should come before "5", otherwise a "hole" during mapping may occur.

2. You may notice ControlSet001 and ControlSet003. You do not need to change it any change in CurrentControlSet will be directed to them.