..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Judge my specs please. Will this work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys here are my computer specs..

[Image: specs.jpg]

[Image: videospecs.jpg]

My problem is when im playing games like Legaia duel saga or FF x2. Im having very low fps operations (around 20+) sometimes during cut scenes or hen im on the field map. Is there something i can do to fix this?

[Image: lowfps.jpg]
[Image: lowfps2.jpg]

Btw here are my PCSX2 configurations. Feel free to ask me anything if you need further info.

[Image: pcsx2_AppSettings_Plugins.jpg]

[Image: pluginsetting.jpg]

[Image: speedhacks.jpg]

round mode = chop/zero
clamp mode = none

Oh please spare me the trolling and flaming.

Thanks!!
your CPU is weak for pcsx2 except video card
try enable Native in the GSdx settings and also try limiting sppedhacks by enabling only INTC mode the rest is default.
and that game is quite demanding on 3D game structure thats why your CPU slows you down.
Your processor is a little slow to pull good speeds in most games as it is. You may want to consider a new CPU, or overclocking, if you're the type.

You should try "Native" for best performance. Maybe try un-checking the [Not Recommended] hacks. Also, try a little "EE Cyclerate".

And I think you may want to un-check "Allow 8-bit textures".
what kind of Intel processors will you recommend guys?
Not much to add to the above answers, except than with that CPU and depending on the game These two sliders may need to be abused somewhat, mainly the EE cyclerate stealing, still it may give you a false impression the FPS was bettered because the game will flow in a kind of slowmotion (not always).

Sadly the CPU is far less powerful most games need to run full speed without hacks and you'll need to compromise, something that only yourself can tell what worked better for you. Be aware that some games may break if the sound got out sync soon or latter, I can't say about that specific game, sorry.
(07-03-2010, 09:33 AM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]Your processor is a little slow to pull good speeds in most games as it is. You may want to consider a new CPU, or overclocking, if you're the type.

I've got a similar motherboard (ECS 945GCT-M/1333) and the BIOS does not have any overclocking options. If the OP wants to overclock, he'll have to do it via BSEL mod.

@eseng69
The Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2GHz Wolfdale ($100, Newegg) or Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz Wolfdale ($118, Newegg) would be the most expensive processors worth trying on that board. Higher than that and you're better off changing platforms. Be aware that newer Wolfdale processors might not be supported, though. The last BIOS update for my board was a couple of years ago.

If you live in the US and have a Fry's nearby, they currently have the Intel Core i3-530 2.93GHz + Biostar TH55B HD CPU/motherboard combo for $115 ($105 after $10 MIR). It works quite well even without speed hacks. You'd need to buy DDR3 RAM, though, and for 4GB that adds an extra $100 to the upgrade cost.

If you want to be able to re-use your DDR2 sticks, you can probably go with a more recent budget LGA-775 board and Pentium E5x00 Wolfdale or budget AM2/AM2+/AM3 board and Athlon II X2 2xx Regor or Phenom II X2 5xx Callisto. Either option would probably run you $100~150.
uhuhh i see.. gotta check my wallet now...
btw.. is it possible that i can run psone isos in pcsx2?
(07-04-2010, 10:53 AM)eseng69 Wrote: [ -> ]btw.. is it possible that i can run psone isos in pcsx2?

use ePSXe emulator if you want to play PS1 games and low risk of errors.
but mr.tallbender my epsxe 1.7.0 is not working anymroe eversince i migrated form Xp to Windows 7... is it possible to make it work?
Pages: 1 2