..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX 2 0.9. 7. BIOS problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to start any PS 2 game, PCSX2 message comes up saying that the emulator couldn't have opened some BIOS file (nvm. file).
What's wrong?
You installed PCSX2 to a folder you don't have rights to write to. You should have left it at the recommended user folder it was on default.
Thank you, everything works okay.
Is there any possibility that MK Shaolin Monks would work with higher fps?
God of War 1 and 2 work just fine, but this sucks. Solution?
PC specs? PCSX2 settings? What speed so you get currently?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, 2.60 GHz
Windows Vista x64
2.00GB RAM
...but both God of War's worked perfectly - are MK games really that stronger and heavier for the computer?
Your CPU is pretty weak for pcsx2, a minimum 3ghz cpu is recommended for playing games at acceptable speeds.

And MK: SM isn't fully emulated yet, you'll run into a lot of bugs so it'd be better to wait for a new version of pcsx2.
Isn't that just weird that PC games like Mass Effect 2 and Assassins Creed 2 work perfectly on my 'weak CPU computer' and these PS2 games don't?
Will their ever be a solution to this problem or do I have to go and buy myself a PS2 Smile?
No, that's not weird. Comparing emulation to native games is like comparing apples and oranges, do your research Wink

PS.: You shouldn't use pcsx2 if you don't own a PS2 since the bios should be ripped from your console, please try no to enter the gray area of piracy here.
you're supposed to own a PS2 to legally use pcsx2.
read our forum rules carefully, especially rule #1

closed